What is you favorite diving song

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
This tune makes you think “Mustang” in a different way. WATCH THE VIDEO!!!!

Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I feel like Kiss needs to be addressed. Strutter if my wife is there. Shout it Out is really good. Yeah, I'm 27 and I like 60s, 70s, and some 80s music. So what? A pop song I love right now is Poquito a Poco by Gente de Zona. My parents are from Mexico but we wish we were 110% American (I'm an Army veteran).

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Changes frequently, since I'm a musician and I am constantly learning new songs for the bands I play in. Right now, it's "24K Magic" - Bruno Mars

In terms of longevity, the songs that I go to most over the years (many years) are

"Tune 88" and "Water Sign", both from Jeff Lorber Fusion's "Water Sign" album
"School Days" from any of many of Stanley Clarke's studio and live recordings.

Last edited:

Joek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
There is only one for me...

"Nobody gonna take my car
I'm gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
It's gonna break the speed of sound..."

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Drivin' down your freeways/midnight alleys roam/cops in car/ the topless bars.... L.A. Woman/The Doors

The song surveys L.A. mostly from the highway. “Drivin’ down your freeways/Midnight alleys roam/Cops in cars, the topless bars,” Morrison sings. Manzarek recently pictured the song to Spinner like this: “She is moving 70 miles an hour, driving down the coast highway. It’s Allen Ginsburg and Jack Kerouac, hauling ass! Jim, maybe in his GT 500 Mustang, barreling down the 101 freeway to L.A. from San Francisco.”

Sponsored

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Am I the only anomaly here?! All of you guys are the stereotypical muscle car nerds, eh? :giggle:

For me it's anything Drum & Bass (the heavy hard hitting kind, like this one below). I can't keep my foot off the ground with music like this.

This is like the "metal" of electronic music, so I guess it makes sense.

Deleted member

This song will make you drop a gear faster than a sorority girls panties at the frat house.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Ghost Riders in The Sky. Johnny Cash's version is classic, but The Fendermen have an instrumental one that's great for driving.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Have you ever listened to the original Marvin Gaye version and/or the original Gladys Knight & the Pips version? Two of my favorite songs to listen to and play. I play bass in a couple bands. One does the Marvin version the other does the Gladys version. Coupla fun facts...
  • When they were both released it was the only time in history where the same song, recorded by different artists, both topped the Billboard Charts at the same time.
  • Gladys Knight’s version was recorded first, but Marvin Gaye’s version was released first. Pi$$ed Gladys off. Both were, of course, Motown artists and for some reason Berry Gordy decided to go with the Marvin version
  • Even though the lyrics are nearly identical (some gender based changes), the arrangements are totally different
  • James Jamerson (legendary Motown bassist) reportedly recorded the Gladys version bassline while lying flat on his back, drunk, and using only one finger on his plucking hand (most bass players use two, especially for faster tunes). And he did it in ONE TAKE!!! Took me a week to learn it.