what is this?

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
i have a 2019 gt, pp1, active exhaust, 401a.. no safe and smart package, if that matters

what would this be for? (the little recessed area in the plastic that i am pointing to) im looking for places to mount a phone and up high is a strong option for me right now. but if i do that, the mount i have to fabricate will be covering this up, and wanted to know what it was for.

PXL_20200910_212506321.jpg

thanks!
Sponsored

familyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ruby Red
Microphone?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Microphone for the sync system?

OP
OP
wade001

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
that was what i initially thought, the mic or possibly sensor for perimeter alarm. as the post i got the mounting location idea, came from a previous gen mustang owner which mentioned perimeter alarm, but he had 1 on each corner for a total of 2 sensors. rather than a single which i have. plus im not sure i have perimeter alarm, i think just the basic alarm.

anyway, my brief searching for the mic, keeps leading to me to active noise canceling mic and fake sound being pumped in, so not totally successful in that search yet. but thanks, maybe i can use sync keyword in there too to help me find some more info.

i hope the mods dont get mad, its a link to another mustang forum :fingerscrossed:
https://www.mustangevolution.com/threads/weekend-project-iphone-car-mount-fabrication.316357/

but this is where i got my idea from. the plan is to replicate something like this. run waze and jbv1 on the phone along side my v1 radar detector.. i'd think this could also be useful for torque gauges and the like..

always the possibility of extending it to the mount.. whatever it turns out to be.. i have not investigated that idea yet

oh and if anyone knows for sure, feel free to chime in ;)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Why not ask at your Ford Service dept ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
wade001

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
from what im seeing, it's probably the sync mic.. hrm.. i might explore relocating it.. or just find another spot for a mount..

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
from what im seeing, it's probably the sync mic.
GTs don't have ANC, so that's not it for sure. It's possible it could be a sensor for the perimeter alarm, but doubt it. It's most likely the Sync voice command mic, or the Bluetooth one (if they're different). To be sure, I'd post this over the tech section. Somebody with access to the online service manual should be able to answer that based on the electrical schematic of the roof console. Good luck.
Sponsored