OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I like that only one person actually answered the dude's question.... i'd agree w/ the 350-400 range btw.
Thanks. The guy offered to buy. I would go less than half.
Sponsored

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Maybe I am just from a different generation but I spent over 2+ years of trying to locate the owner of GR107 as I wanted to give him not only the GT350 Owners Kit but also the original Bill of Sale along with the original Window Sticker and eventually we made contact with each other after which time he came over to my new home in Arizona.

The look on this gentlemen's face when I presented him with everything was priceless and he couldn't thank me enough and was so happy that the new owner now has a lot or provenance that he deserves for his Shelby GT350.

From one Mustang enthusiast to another I get if some/all of this is sentimental to you therefore just keep everything but to now suggest that you want to sell it to the new owner is certainly disappointing from my standpoint.

What I have learned about our hobby after being in it some 50+ years is that what goes around also comes around.

Good luck with your decision!

:sunglasses:
Sorry to disappoint. But, you got lots of work to do.
Because ironically, the old heads have 60s mustangs prices in 100s of thousands based on sentimental value.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Sorry to disappoint. But, you got lots of work to do.
Because ironically, the old heads have 60s mustangs prices in 100s of thousands based on sentimental value.
Right

Enjoy your ~$150.

:facepalm:

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
What are the odds of you trading the car in including the display goodies and the dealership passing it on to the next owner?
Slim I’d say.
i was also afraid of this...the dealer could easily throw it on ebay or sell elsewhere. so i simply made it part of our agreement...i kept the kit until they sold the car and i would contact the buyer and transfer the goodies. to my surprise, the salesman was a solid dude and a few months later i got the call and he put me in touch with him. a little bit of work, but it was what i felt was right to do...JMO

Byronj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
It’s only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. But IMHO, it’s worthless without the car. If it’s sentimental then keep it and keep it to yourself. If you need cash be “that guy” and put it on EBay and disconnect from it.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
i was also afraid of this...the dealer could easily throw it on ebay or sell elsewhere. so i simply made it part of our agreement...i kept the kit until they sold the car and i would contact the buyer and transfer the goodies. to my surprise, the salesman was a solid dude and a few months later i got the call and he put me in touch with him. a little bit of work, but it was what i felt was right to do...JMO
I’d maybe put my phone number somewhere the new owner would see it. Owners manual or wherever.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
any 2020 owners get theirs yet? how long did you have to wait for it? eagerly awaiting for mine.

ford does a nice job with providing unique piece for their specialty cars. my 2000 R had a black binder thats worth big money now
Agreed that the Black Binders for the 2000 Cobra R's are on a totally different level than a GT350 Owners Kit.

Last year a friend of mine in Georgia were discussing his 2000 Cobra R that he bought new in Florida with the Black Binder came up during our conversation after which time he was not aware of the 300 cars coming with a Black Binder for each individual car.

He asked if there might be a chance of locating this binder for his car after which time I offered to see what I could do to help him out.

After a couple weeks of discussions with FP they actually located his Black Binder which was sitting in a storage room at their new location in Dearborn.

I was told that FR/FP had moved numerous times since the 2000 Cobra's were built and were actually surprised themselves that after all of these years and subsequent moves that they were able to locate it.

Never say never even after almost 20 years of missing some important provenance for some of our Mustangs.

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Dishwasher broke yesterday. So much for paying it forward. Lol
Ahhh, see. That’s due to the original post :crackup:.

Check out Ifixit.com or google on the issue w the dishwasher. Could be a simple fix or some sort of recall. I got new innards on an old model dishwasher that came w a cottage I bought a few years ago. Apparently some houses burnt down due to the issue. Surprised the hell out of me. No charge.

Good Luck!

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I don’t see that kit having any cash value at all. It was a freebie from Ford Performance. Whoever buys my car down the road can have it. I opened the box once and then threw it on a shelf in a storage closet.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
They literally sell for cash value on ebay though.... looks like as high as $369.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
I bought my used 2018 from a private seller so I could get the extras that came with the car. None of the “dealers” had any of the items when I asked. He was more than happy to provide them at no additional cost and I will give them away when I sell it privately.

I have the crankshaft displayed in my office, next to my Raptor model truck.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
They might not have much value to some people now but in 10-20 years when these cars are collectors items they will. Collectors who look at the 2000 R one of the first questions is does it have a complete black binder and if not many people will walk away without looking at the car like I did. Without it you won’t get top dollar period.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
IMHO its a douche bag move to keep it and try to sell it to the new owner or anyone for that matter. It belongs with the car. You sell or trade the car put it in the trunk.
Sponsored