What IAT temps are you TT guys seeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
During my tuning sessions with Lund they said my iat temps are too high. During a 3rd gear pull from 3000-7200 with a starting temp of 94 degrees I'm seeing an increase to 140 in just that single gear pull. That was at 7-8psi, I did another pull with 10psi pull and had a similar increase but not more. Lund says this is too much and would be dangerous during a full pull. Curious what everyone else is seeing?
Sponsored

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We've started moving the IAT sensor to the intake manifold and noticed a 20-30 degree increase in temps. Having the sensor (in the maf) in front of the radiator air stream in an aluminum tube doesn't help. We also offer water/alky/meth injection if someone has stubborn IAT issues. Next step is a bigger intercooler core.

Biggest issue we've had is that the bumper and crash bar shrouds the intercooler core a good bit.

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
So your telling me that an intercooler sold for “1600 horsepower” levels can’t cool 7psi down? Something does not sound right about that.

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
115-120mph

Sponsored

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So your telling me that an intercooler sold for “1600 horsepower” levels can’t cool 7psi down? Something does not sound right about that.
When 100% exposed to air through the grill, yes. About 70% of the core is blocked by the bumper and crash bar.

Also, I'm saying that the temps you are seeing probably aren't right. We move the IAT sensor now, which gives a reading of about 20-30 above ambient max.

I explained to you through the Lund ticketing system that there were several things to try. Why the thread when we just discussed it, and you already know that the higher temps you were logging aren't normal?

I'll gladly help where I can. PM sent.

Last edited:

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
When 100% exposed to air through the grill, yes. About 70% of the core is blocked by the bumper and crash bar.

Also, I'm saying that the temps you are seeing probably aren't right. We move the IAT sensor now, which gives a reading of about 20-30 above ambient max.

I explained to you through the Lund ticketing system that there were several things to try. Why the thread when we just discussed it, and you already know that the higher temps you were logging aren't normal?

So basically you run the VMP IAT temp sensor with harness and tap a runner on the intake manifold? This is showing a 20-30 degree drop over what the Maf temp sensor is seeing?

This is what i came up with to get air to the "dead space" behind the bumper on my custom made IC

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT

So that means the new kits (like mine) have the IAT sensor relocated?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This is now being resolved offline. Closing, for now, at least :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.