Sponsored

What does the M switch on my steering wheel do??

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
Hi all, looking for help. The manual not only doesn't even show my configuration it certainly doesn't explain the operation of this switch. It seems to have something to do with Sync control when I've pressed it But....
20201212_134216.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Radio mode on mine, but i have a 2017

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Hi all, looking for help. The manual not only doesn't even show my configuration it certainly doesn't explain the operation of this switch. It seems to have something to do with Sync control when I've pressed it But....
20201212_134216.jpg
MUTE while talking on phone

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
In the UK that's a mute button (speaker with line through it).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Son of SVO

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
It seems to me it's only function is to toggle between the different radio preset banks. AM, FM, sirius XM. I was hoping it did more than that as it's pretty useless to me since the only radio I use is SiriusXM. Would be more useful if it toggled all audio inputs available.
Thanks for all responses, especially the funny one about manual trans mode!!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Would be more useful if it toggled all audio inputs available.
IT DOES! :) To my surprise, I kept scrolling down the current 6 stations (XM1, XM2, or whatever you have it on) just for the heck of it, and after the last station, XM2 and XM3 appeared. And same thing with AM, FM, etc. So just click on one of the other modes (XM2, FM3, or whatever), and the 6 stations for that mode appear, and you can select them. Nice.

On US cars, that button is basically a 'MODE' button, hence the 'M'. On newer cars, like mine, the M was replaced by a music symbol, and that's why I thought it was for the audio adjustments, since that's the same symbol on the console button, which is for that. So now I don't have to touch the screen nearly as much as before. Hope this helps.
Sponsored