Sponsored

What do tuners typically change?

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i paid $700 for an in-person E85 dyno tune by Shaun at AED and he also gave me a flex fuel tune and regular 91 octane tune. These cars are very complicated, you get what you pay for. I would stick with AED, Lund, and PBD and just pay whatever. I see you're in Florida. If I were you I would drive to Palm Beach Dyno and do a tune in person with them. There were a number of things Shaun pointed out and worked on in person for me that would not be possible with an email tune and datalogging, plus it's a cool experience.

edit: LMAO I thought you said "charge" not "change"...they change pretty much everything. the "you get what you pay for" thing still applies to this discussion
Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
i paid $700 for an in-person E85 dyno tune by Shaun at AED and he also gave me a flex fuel tune and regular 91 octane tune. These cars are very complicated, you get what you pay for. I would stick with AED, Lund, and PBD and just pay whatever. I see you're in Florida. If I were you I would drive to Palm Beach Dyno and do a tune in person with them. There were a number of things Shaun pointed out and worked on in person for me that would not be possible with an email tune and datalogging, plus it's a cool experience.

edit: LMAO I thought you said "charge" not "change"...they change pretty much everything. the "you get what you pay for" thing still applies to this discussion
Can you please explain the things are that Sean mentioned that he does in person ?

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
logs are important, but its so much better if the tuner can hear, and be with the car. I can feel slight problems in the torque tables when driving, that dont show as IPC error, and there is more than that. If you can, always do it in person.
Sponsored