What direction to take my (mostly) stock 15 GT PP

Alolsen2012

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 premium
I have been doing some research and everyone's setup is so different so I wanted to get specific advice for my car. The only modification I have done is a corsa xtreme cat-back which I know add negligible power. I am wanting to go for best N/A gains the most cost effective way. I was thinking something along the lines of intake, 2018 IM, e85, injectors and flex-fuel tune. Would this setup be any good ? I know headers are very common but those are quite expensive, but justifiable if necessary. Really just looking for input how to get a nice power boost with the best bang for the buck.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Alolsen2012

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 premium
18 Intake, injectors for E85, 18 intake manifold, and H or X for some sound. Beyond that is diminishing returns. Headers aren’t really worth it unless boost is in your future.
Am I better off with 18 intake or say a JLT? Ive heard both. 18 would for sure be cheaper which would be nice.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
What's your e85 availability like? What's the quality like?

Not saying don't take the plunge, but there are certain parts of the country where the e85 is more like e40 (no, not THAT e40) and that won't do you anything but get you worse MPG. Ask around amongst your drag/track friends, or grab a cheapo e85 tube test kit. If you do have good e85, then it's just that, longtubes, and an 18 manifold and you're handing out beatdowns.

OP
OP

Alolsen2012

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 premium
What's your e85 availability like? What's the quality like?

Not saying don't take the plunge, but there are certain parts of the country where the e85 is more like e40 (no, not THAT e40) and that won't do you anything but get you worse MPG. Ask around amongst your drag/track friends, or grab a cheapo e85 tube test kit. If you do have good e85, then it's just that, longtubes, and an 18 manifold and you're handing out beatdowns.
I have a station about 10 min away and a few more 5 min past that one. I ideally wanna do a flex fuel so I can run 93 if needed but would you say I should go there a test it before I go this direction ? Not sure how much stations fluctuate so not sure if that’s worth it

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I have a station about 10 min away and a few more 5 min past that one. I ideally wanna do a flex fuel so I can run 93 if needed but would you say I should go there a test it before I go this direction ? Not sure how much stations fluctuate so not sure if that’s worth it
I've argued with others on this, and really don't care to start it here, but what I will say objectively is that e85 is awesome, and that's why I run it full-time, and I'm fortunate to have plenty of e85 stations right around me that I honestly have given up on testing because they've been solid e85-e90 for the past 2 years.

I also only run a e85 race tune which requires an e70 minimum rating, which gives me a much more aggressive tune because it has all the octane cooling/safety e85 behind it, and the difference in that vs a stock or 91 tune is night and day. If you can do it, do it... not to mention that the e85 is generally half of what pump gas is, a quarter what race gas is.

Perhaps the fluctuation was related to seasonal changes in the midwest, but felt bad for the fellas who had to cut it with race fuels and the specially formulated blends to get their level up, kinda defeating the bang/buck superiority it has.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The GT350 intake manifold, 47# injectors, and flex tune (which I feed E85 during the summer months) absolutely transformed my '15. I have a Roush CAI also, but I doubt it adds much beyond looks. If I hadn't already had the Roush, I would have installed a '18+ airbox.

The 350 intake is more of a plug-and-play affair on a pre-'18 car and a super clean install; for example, the evap purge valve bolts on just like it does on the OEM Gen2 GT intake with no cobbling of hoses, etc.

Mine gets a healthy scratch well into 3rd gear at WOT on 305 rear tires, there's not much not to like about the combo.
Sponsored

Last edited: