What did you pay for springs installed?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Eyeing a set of Ford Performance 1" lowering street springs for my 2015 Ecoboost, was quoted $525 for the install (I bring the springs) and well...it just seems quite high.

I was expecting somewhere around $200 to $300 quoted, curious to know what others have paid for the install.
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
My advice learn to do it yourself. It will give you a lot of pride, and you can apply that money to other bills or mods.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
My advice learn to do it yourself. It will give you a lot of pride, and you can apply that money to other bills or mods.
Yes, it's part of my consideration and spring compressors are like $30 and we have tools and jack stands...

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
Did it myself, love the chance to buy more tools and learn about my car. I could see $400-$450 though. The rears are easy of you know how, the fronts can be a pain.,...

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Steeda charges $250 including alignment
I wish I was close to their shop. They are awesome when it comes to doing installs for stuff they sell. I think they will install their shifter for free if I am not mistaken. That might have been a special deal though.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I wish I was close to their shop. They are awesome when it comes to doing installs for stuff they sell. I think they will install their shifter for free if I am not mistaken. That might have been a special deal though.
They may have at one point I'm not sure, I know MGW does in Georgia :thumbsup:

Man, they are 300 miles away though!
I made the trip down there 3 times in S.FL for different installs, 275 miles each way. It's totally worth it though if you can get a stack of parts and take a Friday off. Leave early and meet them there when they open :headbang:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They may have at one point I'm not sure, I know MGW does in Georgia :thumbsup:

I made the trip down there 3 times in S.FL for different installs, 275 miles each way. It's totally worth it though if you can get a stack of parts and take a Friday off. Leave early and meet them there when they open :headbang:
That may have been what I was thinking of.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Damn $525? My brother-in-law has a shop here in PA and hooks up fellow Mustang owners. Too bad you're so far away. He'd probably even beat Steeda prices.

Sponsored

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
You can do it without spring compressor too if you have a jack that is easy to modulate. Rear spring will be surprisingly harder than you think. watch a lot of videos people doing it. not too bad afterall.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Damn $525?
Best quote so far is $450, some places just don't care for you to show up with your own parts either which is understandable and not surprising.

Steeda only does installs Monday to Friday, which I can't just take the day off to install springs!

Looking more and more like a job done by us at home, luckily I have a clean garage on a slab with jack stands...and YouTube. :clap2:

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
You might consider doing the rears yourself, takes a few hours with jackstands and a jack, this is the way I did it, I got quoted $250 for the front along with camber plates and struts, just did not want to tackle a spring compressor after having broken a finger using a cheap spring compressor that broke I am a little shy around the damn things. just a thought. I would highly suggest CJPonyparts install videos, they are well put together and have some useful tips

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
16' DIP blue GT premium pp
Steedas not that cheap they quoted me $400

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I didn't need a spring compressor to install the front gt350R springs, but you will need one to take off the stock springs. Like others have said you can rent them for free at Autozone, at least you use to be able to.
Sponsored