Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Still Whipple Stage 2. Once you’ve done it you can’t go back!

Dyno’d at 725bhp and 566lbft of torque.
IMG_7678.jpeg
Just to add to this, the way it continues making power rather than flatten out 6krpm and struggle to 7 or 8k with another 20hp gain. This is butter smooth til the peak power at peak rpm limit

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
Was that the stock clutch ?
Yeah, standard clutch. Had 30k unknown miles before I bought the car, and has had 9k harder miles (including one and teeny bit track days) since I bought the car. Will be replacing with the GT101 recommended beefier setup. Just needing to organise when.

Apparently it was slipping on the dyno at higher rpm, but when I picked it up I noticed it was at 3k too, which is when the torque really comes in.

Sponsored

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
Not really a "what have I done to my Mustang today" given I've been 8,000 miles away from the car for the last couple of months and will be until sometime in March apart from a little break back in the UK in December which obviously isn't normally the time for ideal weather for Mustang activities. However I've left the car back at home in the capable hands of my dad, who's bored to the point he fitted some Steeda bonnet struts I ordered the other day almost as soon as the box went through his door! It's had 2 new rear tyres as the P-Zeros were starting to look very worn, so we got Michelin PS5s as a replacement given how well they seem to work on my brother's VXR8. I also have an MGW shifter on the way which hopefully I'll be able to get fitted on my break, and given the MGW ideally needs the exhaust and driveshaft dropping out of the way for improved access to fit, we'll tackle another issue in the car being a bit too noisy on WOT for my liking. It has catted ARH headers, Mishimoto H-pipe and Borla S-Type active axle-backs and with the valves open it makes an absolute racket that I'm shocked hasn't had me caught yet. So while the H-pipe is off we're going to put some baffles in to try and shut it up a bit, just not sure how restrictive they'll be so will have to keep an eye on them. I've heard good things about the MGW though so I'll report back in a few weeks on fitting and what it's like to use provided the weather plays ball👍
received_3477925299166766.jpeg
MGW-S550-MT-82-Shifter-e-4web.jpg

received_649971327305460.jpeg

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
MGW shifter got delivered today, word from back home is the parts weigh a ton and the machining is absolutely up there with the best in quality👍 hope it feels as good as it looks!
received_335402869213548.jpeg

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Alway love it when big boxes turn up 💜😎💜
IMG_6726.jpeg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ