Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I took it for a drive in the lovely 3c wet weather, but thoroughly enjoyed it, great fun, only part that is not happy is the wallet opening for more go go juice. :D
Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Checked my oil separator for the first time, quite a bit of oil after 3k miles:
Looking at buying an oil separator, and the ford one is one i'm considering alongside the JLT.

I have just noticed one difference in yours and the instruction sheet shown on the American Muscle website.. There is a hole for an electrical connector on the AM site picture between the two push pins that hold it to the cam cover. This hole isn't apparent on yours? Is there a RHD and LHD option?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Looking at buying an oil separator, and the ford one is one i'm considering alongside the JLT.

I have just noticed one difference in yours and the instruction sheet shown on the American Muscle website.. There is a hole for an electrical connector on the AM site picture between the two push pins that hold it to the cam cover. This hole isn't apparent on yours? Is there a RHD and LHD option?
I got mine from the US and it has the hole in it:)..... but if it didn't I'd just drill one:D

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe

No hole between the 2 pins, no need for one as far as i'm concerned:thumbsup: Got mine from JW Racing in the UK

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems very strange that some have the hole, some don't that's all?? Don't get me wrong, I'm not nitpicking, I'm an engineer with years and years of playing with cars, I'm only asking as I noticed a difference.

"Big500" has an install vid on YouTube, where he shows the wiring clip goes into the hole. I'm sure Big 500 is a member here?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
It seems very strange that some have the hole, some don't that's all?? Don't get me wrong, I'm not nitpicking, I'm an engineer with years and years of playing with cars, I'm only asking as I noticed a difference.

"Big500" has an install vid on YouTube, where he shows the wiring clip goes into the hole. I'm sure Big 500 is a member here?
What does it matter, like Enoch says if you need the hole just drill it as its really no big deal.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't take any notice of his videos.....the blokes an idiot:D

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does it matter, like Enoch says if you need the hole just drill it as its really no big deal.
Yeah I know, but how do we know the hole is the only difference? Perhaps the one without the hole is for a different Coyote application? There is another vid on YouTube where the guy shows clearly how the separator fouls on the coolant hose and also mentions some issue with a vacuum hose.

Like I said, I'm not an idiot, but am inquisitive and notice these little details. I wish I'd never asked:headbonk::headbonk:

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have the JLT one, nice and simple install, and easy to empty.

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Mine didn't have the hole in the middle and I just used the push pin supplied with the separator on the top fixing and the electrical harness connector on the bottom fixing and it's as solid as can be. A couple of pipes needed to 'flexed' a little bit and I had to file down one of the machine screws that hold the cover on as it was rubbing on one of the pipes I had to fettle with... but no big issue.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Mine did have the hole, but I'd removed the clip, no problems. The only fettling was a little relief needed in the engine cover to avoid rubbing the loom.
IMG_0564.JPG

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Took it for its 1st service....:)

ÂŁ155. Supplied my own oil:D

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet

was home early so did some engine bay detaiing

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
mguires tyre gel is fekin amazing..best tyre dressing i have ever used..
Sponsored