Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Are you sure about that? I thought the face-lift '18 models started production on October 2017, so '17 models would have been built prior to that (i.e. earlier than Oct 2017).
i'm pretty sure they didn't start making the 18 export models until after the production break mid 18 they also bulk imported a load of pre-face list cars from the last production run 153 i believe.

The dealer I've just picked mine back up from has a large bodyshop, but said they effectively weren't 'authorised' to work on aluminium. Maybe the 2 weeks is due to your dealer subcontracting the job out. Given that painting aluminium is clearly on the limits of the capability of the actual Ford factory, presumably it's not as straight forward as steel?
no different painting aluminium to steel I've never sprayed anything different they also have the bonnet in stock and I was told their "sprayer" was already prepping the bonnet. So who the fuck knows spraying a bonnet in a temp controlled booth to me is a couple of hours work so god knows why they want it 2 weeks but we'll see.
Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
no different painting aluminium to steel I've never sprayed anything different they also have the bonnet in stock and I was told their "sprayer" was already prepping the bonnet. So who the fuck knows spraying a bonnet in a temp controlled booth to me is a couple of hours work so god knows why they want it 2 weeks but we'll see.
Are they going to paint the hood on the car so they can blend in? I'm not a painter just wondered if that was necessary with an almost brand new car?

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
dropping mine off at ford for a new bonnet apparently its going to take them about 2 weeks to spray and fit a bonnet ! yet more alarm bells going off in head. i'll be delivering it to them with less than 5 miles of fuel in it a few other tricks to make sure nobody is going joy riding in it.
Wtf really?! Should take no more than 1 day to paint and fit a bonnet! Where’s it going to in the end then?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Are they going to paint the hood on the car so they can blend in? I'm not a painter just wondered if that was necessary with an almost brand new car?
it'll be painted off the car but then they'll blend into the wings to get a colour match which is shit as that means the ppf and the ceramic needs to come off the wings as well they never told me this so now I've got to discuss this with the detailer for when it goes to him as he never quoted it and it'll need redoing. Not best happy but we'll see just how bad it is when i get it back needless to say I won't be taking it back if the paintwork isn't at very least better than i can do.

Wtf really?! Should take no more than 1 day to paint and fit a bonnet! Where’s it going to in the end then?
gone to clarke and partners in sheffield trust them about as far as i can throw them they don't even know how to get the rear quarter light out so they're having to bring in a "glass guy" to do it.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
it'll be painted off the car but then they'll blend into the wings to get a colour match which is shit as that means the ppf and the ceramic needs to come off the wings as well they never told me this so now I've got to discuss this with the detailer for when it goes to him as he never quoted it and it'll need redoing. Not best happy but we'll see just how bad it is when i get it back needless to say I won't be taking it back if the paintwork isn't at very least better than i can do.

gone to clarke and partners in sheffield trust them about as far as i can throw them they don't even know how to get the rear quarter light out so they're having to bring in a "glass guy" to do it.
Structural glass a lot of the time has to be removed and refitted by an ATA qualified technician if the Bodyshop is BSI Kitemarked, we use Nationwide Windscreens for the same reason plus they replace it at cost to them if they f**k it up which is easily done. Shouldn’t really need to blend wings as your Blue is an easy colour to match, we did a Ford Edge bumper and bonnet last week in Lightning blue and was spot on so no need for blends. Hope all goes well.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i aint holding my breath needless to say ford will be getting both barrels if its wrong

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Looks great. Your is a 2018? I thought these covers weren't available for the 2018+.

Where did you get them?
i'm pretty sure they didn't start making the 18 export models until after the production break mid 18 they also bulk imported a load of pre-face list cars from the last production run 153 i believe.
MY17 ceased production in 2017, wish it was such a small number like that, think you will find it was well over 300 and I know of some of these being registered as 19 plates :cwl:, nice new car which is already 2 years old :cwl:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
MY17 ceased production in 2017, wish it was such a small number like that, think you will find it was well over 300 and I know of some of these being registered as 19 plates :cwl:, nice new car which is already 2 years old :cwl:
Yup, was looking at a nice GB vert when my car was being serviced last week. Great price, ÂŁ2k less than i'd have paid at the February 2015 prices I paid for mine. MY17 but registered this year with 45 miles on the clock. Nearly three years warranty but manufactured no later than late summer 2017.

COLD27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Velocity Blue GT
Yup, was looking at a nice GB vert when my car was being serviced last week. Great price, ÂŁ2k less than i'd have paid at the February 2015 prices I paid for mine. MY17 but registered this year with 45 miles on the clock. Nearly three years warranty but manufactured no later than late summer 2017.
Im still confused with what Ford were trying to do. Why import so many, and then have to sell them off with big reductions....but yet still have some left over? The values on the used market are all over the place now.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Im still confused with what Ford were trying to do. Why import so many, and then have to sell them off with big reductions....but yet still have some left over? The values on the used market are all over the place now.
There'll be limited RHD markets...gotta sell them somewhere.

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Mine was one of these, built august 2017, not registered till Dec 2018. May have been sat over a year but still new! Still one or two unregistered 17’s left at some dealers but most have been pre-registered so are on 68 plates or 19 plates now with delivery mileage.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
It's a balancing act. If they don't get cars into stock, it's a 6-month+ wait for a factory order which puts a lot of people off. If they get cars into stock but over-estimate demand, they have to have a fire-sale. Same thing tends to happen with official Corvette imports (or certainly did with C5 and C6). Looking at the sales figure, I think they probably under-estimated the tail-off after the initial rush (2017 sales were 1/3 down on 2015) and over-stocked.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Dealers were told to order enough 17’s to cover them until RHD 18’s started production as there was a big delay, so they did, then Ford in there wisdom decided all dealers needed to take a shed load more

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers were told to order enough 17’s to cover them until RHD 18’s started production as there was a big delay, so they did, then Ford in there wisdom decided all dealers needed to take a shed load more
Yep ordered somewhere in the region of 330 MY17's, and had from august to shift them but in September order books opened for MY18s and dealers were told to refuse to sell a MY18 until the MY17s had shifted, i think there's sitll 1 or 2 unregistered/dealer registered ones lying about too.

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Changed the oil to 0w30 as per recommendation by MAP ready for mapping on Friday.

Also removed the Roush axle back and refitted the standard exhaust.
Sponsored