Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Had smoke start to fill the car via the air vent this morning so decided to investigate.

Smoke coming from the N/S manifold area. Pulled the air box out and oil was visible on the exhaust and engine mount.

Found all but 2 of the cam cover bolts loose.
Nipped them up and washed off the oil residue and checked the O/S cover just to make sure that’s tight.

Owned it less than a week so far.
Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Had smoke start to fill the car via the air vent this morning so decided to investigate.

Smoke coming from the N/S manifold area. Pulled the air box out and oil was visible on the exhaust and engine mount.

Found all but 2 of the cam cover bolts loose.
Nipped them up and washed off the oil residue and checked the O/S cover just to make sure that’s tight.

Owned it less than a week so far.
SHIT! take it back - - quick!

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
I won't actually have my car for another 4+ months...but at least I now have the reg number, starting with "V8" :)

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Nar, should be fine now. Booked it in at ford for Wednesday, they are going to replace the gasket anyway and do a full check off the car.

Sponsored

MrHanky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
S550
FIrst mod done today. Bought some Roush axle backs last week from Pilgrim on here.
Put them on today. Love the sound so far
Thanks Brad

Mark

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
FIrst mod done today. Bought some Roush axle backs last week from Pilgrim on here.
Put them on today. Love the sound so far
Thanks Brad

Mark
your welcome mate glad you like it

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
new quad tip exhaust on and gt350 valance and mishimoto expansion tank fitted no picture of tank but heres a couple of exhaust also car cleaned yesterday lol
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Washed it Saturday, took photos Sunday :rockon: here's my faves from the day. quick phone edits - but came out quite well!
IMG_7476.JPG
IMG_7495.JPG
IMG_7508.JPG
IMG_7510.JPG
IMG_7516.JPG

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Splitter finished with custom winglets, and also grilles, both finally now on the car as well :)!

Fitting the splitter was a pig, there's 10 bolts holding it in each with 4 washers, 1 nut, and 1 nylock nut on them (Because I'm not a fan of the splitter braces/adjustable props so wanted to bolt it in).

I then had to modify the actual brace inside of the OEM splitter to fit the bolts into, drill some holes into the oem splitter, cut some stuff, then mount the splitter to the OEM splitter, mount this to the car, and then mount the bellypan, reinstalled and happy days :D! (Pictures are shite because i didn't finish until about half 8)

IyBjP26A5oqwZFE7XQ6yk9vh9Ofgbaxi_joMMlYbtLGsLwHzfITeKAnBHqmKxw--8TLl3xoBA&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg
5yqN6b2w2Q_xrncFNd2pTzjo5L57svihQiK_ZbtX5xYHM2OQkCIdLYBdL_qUFk30Fv8gzUIXA&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg
3ksQvE98AWGzdSCZbprrd9fgbkR4QrnrkuykOu8j8-y560Y8YBIJadSfpsle8BcPSkoTXVreQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

fCjPFYklOqyUqO4mdS-rf9HAVtfbAVCH2qiNI9GqxP9HKHNRV79AHnv5DoJS5K8lRj47Fu8GQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg
7OLXKnTJcrKKt8z95wRlcda41Ehe6RWX3yWqYnkuR9Dw77s6iNTtX3ickRCLVDqykXsEe5TFw&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg
4us878NKbbYBjB0p6cKnmPzdPxJzZwwu8YcGkfhW0PZ-QWCLb3B2QkdTMMBLg2QkM5QAfi_DQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg
HmyPY2JRTQpJidwNtMNKUZyYhczIqh9tViIeyH1d-IJdW-0VqhxV5s9MzffHxrYNEsizydTQA&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg
bmBa7kTrqf1F9NJO2KrV8bt2QYE7_vqZLIXxzAvzMzb7v1U3JdNpHxJ7HaEAL-ZeXP4JH55xQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg
smcTC1Xg284ntM8_M0pCQIVm1xjbhi7hkTNHpMLqpexaFVsXMFz04YvEORYLSaIXMmpImQhwQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
I take it the splitter is purely cosmetic not for performance ?
Looks good tho

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I take it the splitter is purely cosmetic not for performance ?
Looks good tho
without the flat panel underneath to create the low pressure zone then yeah its purely cosmetic. there may be some minor benefits but won't really be noticable.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
There is an extension, so l would have though it will "Bernoulli Equation" the air - slower air, higher pressure and vice-versa

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
DO u guys physics, we've already got a belly pan so even having a flat pannel over it, is useless. It's mainly setup as it'll pull the front end down a little more, the winglets on the end to reduce the vortexs made when the low and high pressure meet and also direct air towards the brakes. Also the benefit of it taking more air up and over the car rather than under it.

Oh, it's cosmetic lol

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
DO u guys physics, we've already got a belly pan so even having a flat pannel over it, is useless. It's mainly setup as it'll pull the front end down a little more, the winglets on the end to reduce the vortexs made when the low and high pressure meet and also direct air towards the brakes. Also the benefit of it taking more air up and over the car rather than under it.

Oh, it's cosmetic lol
New splitter looks good.

Can I ask what grilles you’re sporting as they look good too?
Sponsored