What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Are you sure that the lighter socket is permanent live?

I was under the impression that it stays live for a while after shutdown, then switches off..
Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase

I was under the impression that it stays live for a while after shutdown, then switches off..
- I agree - I think it switches off after a minute or so?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

- I agree - I think it switches off after a minute or so?
Yep, my front dashcam is connected to the lighter socket and it powers off after a short while. I can see why it appears to stay live however...

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
I'll double check, you could be right, maybe a delay power shut down.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Today I modified the Roush 2018 intake to seal up all the vacuum leaks I found, which figured were causing my very high (83c) idle temperatures.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in the overall design and it's a real shame that Roush didn't include the necessary gaskets to keep the temps low during idling/stop and go traffic. The biggest leak I found was from the front grill intake - you can see in the 'before' picture that due to the design (the Roush intake loosely fitting over the grill inlet), the intake is actually sucking in hot air directly from the radiator.

In total, I had epoxy fill 3 holes in the airbox, apply foam around the circumference of the MAF pipe and then apply foam around the Roush grill intake section to bring the temperatures to anywhere near stock.

Before the modifications, the intake temperatures would slowly rise further and further until reaching extremely hot temps (for which Roush confirmed in an email were "totally normal". During one test I recorded an IAT of 83c.

After the modifications, I'm now seeing stock-like temperatures at idle. I don't think the seals I created are perfect, so they're still not quite stock... but they're far below the temperatures I was seeing before modification.
That's some good research, I'm going to apply your findings to my air box and ducting when I replace my grille and ducting tomorrow :like:

Sponsored

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
That's some good research, I'm going to apply your findings to my air box and ducting when I replace my grille and ducting tomorrow :like:
Glad to have helped in any way! I'd say, it's probably possible to use duct tape and it would probably give a better seal. I was just being clever with the foam. Either way, it's night and day and I have had no issues with high temps since modifying the intake.

Also worth noting that Roush were in no way interested in discussing my findings

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to have helped in any way! I'd say, it's probably possible to use duct tape and it would probably give a better seal. I was just being clever with the foam. Either way, it's night and day and I have had no issues with high temps since modifying the intake.

Also worth noting that Roush were in no way interested in discussing my findings
I suspect they probably already know but it doesn't stop us discussing it.

THISELDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco-Boost Tri Yellow FastBack
i thought i would dress up my dash vents with some ponies, and some coin trays for the door handles,
cointrays.jpg
Dashvents.jpg

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
i thought i would dress up my dash vents with some ponies, and some coin trays for the door handles,
cointrays.jpg
Dashvents.jpg
Vents look great :like:
The door handle inserts; do they snap into place or move around when you pull the door shut? I've never seen the need but my parents swear by them :)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Dashvents.jpg
Shouldn't the ponies be pointing the other direction in RHD markets? That way, they are sort of mooning the driver.

Sponsored

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
Drove to Southport , left it parked on Lord St which is the main shopping street , when we came back a guy was sat on a bench in front of it , he said I've been here for 30 minutes , this car has attracted a lot of attention , everybody saying how nice it is, everybody loves a Mustang

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Rear and side window tints done by South Coast Tints - good job!
BF6DCE60-423C-4BB1-A530-7FF86C73250B.jpeg

THISELDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco-Boost Tri Yellow FastBack
Vents look great :like:
The door handle inserts; do they snap into place or move around when you pull the door shut? I've never seen the need but my parents swear by them :)
They snug in perfectly with no rattle unless you have coins in them ;)
Sponsored