Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I was in the local BMW dealer talking M2s a couple of weeks ago; that's the same money.

Now, I know the M2 is not a big US v8, but what it IS, is a compact performance car that does everything and looks great (and actaully sounds okay).

Mustang or M2? I'd get the M2. That's the difference the price tag makes :(
A BMW would not even interest me in the slightest, has to be V8, so it’s the Mustang, and a fully spec Mustang is only low 40’s if you go to the right place, so only about 10% more than I paid for my Mustang in 2016, so in my opinion a no brainier :D
Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
A BMW would not even interest me in the slightest, has to be V8, so it’s the Mustang, and a fully spec Mustang is only low 40’s if you go to the right place, so only about 10% more than I paid for my Mustang in 2016, so in my opinion a no brainier :D
I wasn't asking anyone to buy one. I have a Mustang myself, but like most people, I sit with car-minded friends all day. One has a newish M5, the an RS focus, so we often talk cross marques. One day it was all about purchase/depreciation and the M2 came up - which now sits comfortably at the same money as an Mustang.

So, an obvious comparison. That's all!

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I wasn't asking anyone to buy one. I have a Mustang myself, but like most people, I sit with car-minded friends all day. One has a newish M5, the an RS focus, so we often talk cross marques. One day it was all about purchase/depreciation and the M2 came up - which now sits comfortably at the same money as an Mustang.

So, an obvious comparison. That's all!
Don’t think I can stretch to a M2 but am looking at getting a M240i next I think. Just waiting on a shadow edition to be announced.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t think I can stretch to a M2 but am looking at getting a M240i next I think. Just waiting on a shadow edition to be announced.
With ÂŁ15k down, the M2 is ÂŁ100 a month (I kid you not). Again, strong residules....

It's horses for courses; The M2 is not as special (but small, which is nice) and doesn't have the v8. That's enough for anyone interested in that market to choose the 'stang. Just not at ÂŁ50k (for me).

It's still not a saturated area though; if you want a manual, new, and something that goes like stink... a Cayman?

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yesterday I retro-fitted and today finished programming a MY18 digi dash :)

As far as I can see everything now works :thumbsup:

[ame]

parts.jpg

SCCMremoval.jpg

olddashunit.jpg

behinddash.jpg

newdash.jpg

still waiting on the trim bezel part from Ford UK, on back order unfortunately but i was too impatient, and the mileage has to be pre-programmed by Ford into the speedo so if i'd left it any longer i'd have been understating the mileage (it's reading 120 miles more than my old one did) :headbonk:

massive thanks to the guys over in the US section of the forum for all their help!

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's still not a saturated area though; if you want a manual, new, and something that goes like stink... a Cayman?
You'd need a much deeper wallet than ÂŁ40k for a fast, well equipped Cayman. Standard equipment is akin to the Gulag.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Yesterday I retro-fitted and today finished programming a MY18 digi dash :)

As far as I can see everything now works :thumbsup:

parts.jpg

SCCMremoval.jpg

olddashunit.jpg

behinddash.jpg

newdash.jpg

still waiting on the trim bezel part from Ford UK, on back order unfortunately but i was too impatient, and the mileage has to be pre-programmed by Ford into the speedo so if i'd left it any longer i'd have been understating the mileage (it's reading 120 miles more than my old one did) :headbonk:

massive thanks to the guys over in the US section of the forum for all their help!
Now that’s :cool: If you don’t mind me asking how much did that set you back?

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Now that’s :cool: If you don’t mind me asking how much did that set you back?
all in, just under ÂŁ1700 :( :frusty:

if you were to ship the cluster itself from the states under the radar you could save a couple hundred in taxes, plus if you order the steering column control unit & switches from the states it's half the price, but back ordered. so that would be ÂŁ1400. I also don't believe you need all 3 switches. with some re-wiring, or a custom made extension harness, it looks like you could leave the top 2 switches from the old one. the connectors are the same., so that'd be another ÂŁ100 saved. plus you'd keep the volume on the right which is infinitely better than on the left, hate it!!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
all in, just under ÂŁ1700 :( :frusty:

if you were to ship the cluster itself from the states under the radar you could save a couple hundred in taxes, plus if you order the steering column control unit & switches from the states it's half the price, but back ordered. so that would be ÂŁ1400. I also don't believe you need all 3 switches. with some re-wiring, or a custom made extension harness, it looks like you could leave the top 2 switches from the old one. the connectors are the same., so that'd be another ÂŁ100 saved. plus you'd keep the volume on the right which is infinitely better than on the left, hate it!!
Need to sit down with that price :lol: going to look nice when the bezels on :thumbsup: why they have to move the volume control is beyond me, must be the same idiot who designed the Sky Q remote :crazy:

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You'd need a much deeper wallet than ÂŁ40k for a fast, well equipped Cayman. Standard equipment is akin to the Gulag.
ÂŁ50k, not ÂŁ40k... but your point is just as valid!

Sponsored

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Need to sit down with that price :lol: going to look nice when the bezels on :thumbsup: why they have to move the volume control is beyond me, must be the same idiot who designed the Sky Q remote :crazy:
i like volume on the right because i tend to drive with left hand near the gear stick not on the wheel. also can adjust volume /skip track while changing gear etc

i would imagine, for LHD they now have that benefit? would be interesting to know the official reason.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
That's an odd thing, but yours to do I guess.

I couldn't say no to a 911 I'm afraid. The M2 has such strong residules, the monthlies are lower than a ÂŁ10k car. I'm not getting one though; was just tempted for a while :p
I’ve only ever had 2 German cars and both were crap. After the last one I vowed never again.:)

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
2nd year 20k miles service today at Furrows in Telford...:)

Found this in the showroom.:paddle:

10 speed auto with recaros and custom pack 4:headbang:

I hope the colour is better in the flesh, as they say... as THAT looks awful :confused::eyebulge:

The wheels look cheap too.. and really dont like that front spoiler.. Will have to wait to see one in the flesh !!
but i wont be buying one...thats for sure...not at ÂŁ47k !!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
thats just the blue lights/light through blue tints on windows tempering the orange get it in sunlight it'll be bright

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I hope the colour is better in the flesh, as they say... as THAT looks awful :confused::eyebulge:

The wheels look cheap too.. and really dont like that front spoiler.. Will have to wait to see one in the flesh !!
but i wont be buying one...thats for sure...not at ÂŁ47k !!
Funnily enough, I didn’t much like it myself.:)

The sales chap said that someone was coming to look at it at the weekend, but he really wanted a red one.:)

I said you’d better put it outside to give it half a chance of looking better in natural daylight:lol::lol:..... he was only young and I don’t think he got it:doh::doh:
Sponsored