avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Beware when fitting it (if you haven't already) - as the template Ford supplied with mine (bloody great big A0 sheet rolled up in the box) was a 'little' off.

I spent a good hour and a half checking the reference scale, cutting out the template, painstakingly laying it out on the rear and then measuring its position from various reference points before I drilled the rather excessive 9 holes required... only to find when putting the spoiler in place that it was up to 8mm adrift (too far back), which required the elongation of the holes to get it's final position spot on. Nothing that couldn't be worked around... just meant a lot of additional faffing around with a Dremel... but 100% spot-on in the end and really pleased with how it looks.
Yes thanks for that, centurion has already warned me that the template is wrong, and yes those holes are a bit over the top lol.
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
How much you lowered it and did it lower as much as specs said or will it settle over next few days
Lowered it by 1.1" on the front and 1" on the rear, it looks right to me but have not measured it exactly

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Too many doors ;)

Nice. Just the black nuts now :thumbsup:

Love them!
I have them with the new wheels, just waiting for me to make a decision on which tyres to fit on them

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Stanginator!

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Beware when fitting it (if you haven't already) - as the template Ford supplied with mine (bloody great big A0 sheet rolled up in the box) was a 'little' off.

I spent a good hour and a half checking the reference scale, cutting out the template, painstakingly laying it out on the rear and then measuring its position from various reference points before I drilled the rather excessive 9 holes required... only to find when putting the spoiler in place that it was up to 8mm adrift (too far back), which required the elongation of the holes to get it's final position spot on. Nothing that couldn't be worked around... just meant a lot of additional faffing around with a Dremel... but 100% spot-on in the end and really pleased with how it looks.
Things like this scare the bejesus out of me... When holes need to be drilled, templates need to be correct.

Stanginator!

Got a satin one. They look :thumbsup: imo.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Mustang's looking great!

You're parked next to my friend, Alex's, GT500 KR :)
Yes... Alex was pivotal in arranging a lot of the events at the Motoring Festival... top guy and a true Mustang/Americana aficionado! His Shelby is an absolute beast... as is his Torino!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Surprise, pedders coilovers are on :)!

Thanks to the guys at monkfish performance @wortec_uk. Car now handles like an absolute dream. I can now feel every corner and take every challenge the road throws at me.

A bit gutted to let the @wortec_uk v8 go back. The sound that car made was heavenly and made all better with the active exhaust. Sounded so good especially coupled with the fact it's serene in the cabin and all hell is breaking loose outside.

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
Fitted steeda progressive springs and irs pack over the weekend. Definitely the biggest job I've attempted on the Mustang so far. The only issue I had was fitting the two part collars to the rear mounting points. It did say it may require lubrication in the instructions but I found them an absolute bastard to get into position. Anyway it's all done and together with the 25mm spacers already fitted gives the car the stance I've been looking for.
DSC_0288.jpg

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
@Manders

Thanks to the guys at monkfish performance @wortec_uk. Car now handles like an absolute dream. I can now feel every corner and take every challenge the road throws at me.

A bit gutted to let the @wortec_uk v8 go back. The sound that car made was heavenly and made all better with the active exhaust. Sounded so good especially coupled with the fact it's serene in the cabin and all hell is breaking loose outside.

Hey Manders,

Good to hear you like the Pedders, I have a set ready to go on once the car has a few more miles on it. I'm also waiting for Steeda to machine up a set of rear shock mounts to suit the M10 x 1.25 thread. Hopefully sometime this month.

Have you got any info on the amount of thread showing on the springs,front and rear, and the amount of drop this gives? I'm not looking for too much of a drop or I'll be scraping the spoiler every time I go up the drive.

Many thanks

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Hey Manders,

Good to hear you like the Pedders, I have a set ready to go on once the car has a few more miles on it. I'm also waiting for Steeda to machine up a set of rear shock mounts to suit the M10 x 1.25 thread. Hopefully sometime this month.

Have you got any info on the amount of thread showing on the springs,front and rear, and the amount of drop this gives? I'm not looking for too much of a drop or I'll be scraping the spoiler every time I go up the drive.

Many thanks
See this is a question I knew I'd get. I told the guys to match the cars drop to the drop that their car had. My car is on different springs to the GT on the front, which I think personally feels better, I believe they're harder springs as a lighter front end (makes sense I guess).

I do probably need to drop them an email and get my exact specs and tow/camber setup on it, as I just left the guys there to work their magic on it and the car feels awesome.

I'm down as low as I probably should go which is literally a finger space in the wheel arch. Dampenging 8 from hard and 12 from hard are the two settings I believe I'm sat on.

Equally, the GT was on separate dampening to the EB as they handle a bit differently.

I'll email and get the specs :)

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I thought they might be different due to the difference in weight.

The fronts should be fairly linear so something like a 3mm change in thread length gives 3mm change in ride height. The rears are a bit different though.

Look forward to hearing their response, it'd be nice to get the height approx. right first time. Rather than having to jack up and jack down half a dozen times before it's right.

Ta very much.
Sponsored