Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
Nah man, snow tires! I say it once, I say it again. Snow. Tires.

If that kind of person gets uppity, tell them to buy a Tesla :crackup:
What don't more people drive their (newer) mustangs in the winter? I feel like there's a stigma people aren't dropping about stangs being murder machines. All you need is snow tires and caution. I enjoy cruising alongside crossover/trucks in the snow. People.. drive your stangs! Just don't try to race anyone. That's torrential downpour stuff.

Jennings1066

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost 6m pp
Installed a mtx tube sub. I only have the base system but this small sub added alot of life until a real system can go in. 200 not a bad small investment For complete install. Sub, add an amp harness, power lines. Thanks to all on this forum on how to route and grounding options.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Been out of town all week. Came home, pet the dog, then took it(edit: the car) out for a spin.

Last edited:

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Been out of town all week. Came home, pet the dog, then took it out for a spin.
I am appalled. Take the dog for a spin with you!! :crackup:

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
I am appalled. Take the dog for a spin with you!! :crackup:
Never in this car. She has exclusive rights to the back seat of the Lexus tho.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Never in this car. She has exclusive rights to the back seat of the Lexus tho.
My doggie loves the car. The exhaust scares her when I get on it sometimes but I wouldn’t have it any other way. No smoking anything is forbidden.

Last edited:

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Not exactly dogs, dogs might be easier, but my kids have known from a very young age that if they want food & drink in a vehicle, then ride in moms car. LOL

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Looking at @Dai Uy Ted post, I went outside and looked at under my hood and it's so freaking dirty compared to his and probably anyone else's yuck
CF8C3AE5-E079-45FA-8732-C7B79B0D125D.jpeg

I'll try to clean it this weekend :)
Some inspiration for you Em, having detailed mine today.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

I used Optimum No Rinse, a detailing brush and a couple of microfibre towels for the cleaning and dressed with 303 Protectant. I took the engine and battery covers off the car, making it easier to clean those on the bench and giving better access.

For a really dirty engine bay, you will need some All-Purpose-Cleaner to help things along. As mentioned, rinse or swap out your towel often. Once you get the bulk of it clean, follow up on the painted surfaces with some sort of spray wax or quick detailer, I used ONR. I also use compressed air to blast grime from hard to reach areas or the ribbed induction tubes. In such places, soak with APC then blast with air to drive the dirt out, wiping with a towel as you go.

IMG_0197.jpg

I have also used bristled wheel cleaning brushes, pic below, to get into hard to reach areas.

may1911.jpg

You can also use air to help get dressing into those fiddly areas around the airbox and induction tubes. Again, following with a towel as you go. 303 Protectant is a good choice for this method because it is runny and easily distributed with compressed air. Don't have compressed air? You leaf blower will be a good substitute.

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

Check out these videos to get a visual guide -

Keen to see your results.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

I used Optimum No Rinse, a detailing brush and a couple of microfibre towels for the cleaning and dressed with 303 Protectant. I took the engine and battery covers off the car, making it easier to clean those on the bench and giving better access.

For a really dirty engine bay, you will need some All-Purpose-Cleaner to help things along. As mentioned, rinse or swap out your towel often. Once you get the bulk of it clean, follow up on the painted surfaces with some sort of spray wax or quick detailer, I used ONR. I also use compressed air to blast grime from hard to reach areas or the ribbed induction tubes. In such places, soak with APC then blast with air to drive the dirt out, wiping with a towel as you go.

IMG_0197.jpg

I have also used bristled wheel cleaning brushes, pic below, to get into hard to reach areas.

may1911.jpg

You can also use air to help get dressing into those fiddly areas around the airbox and induction tubes. Again, following with a towel as you go. 303 Protectant is a good choice for this method because it is runny and easily distributed with compressed air. Don't have compressed air? You leaf blower will be a good substitute.

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

Damn, some of you go hard with the detailing work. And I thought I spent a long time, lol. For engine bays a set of brushes and compressed air do help a ton, the more loose debris you can knock off before you start wiping things down, the easier it is.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

may1911.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

Well thank you 😬 I will try my best tomorrow.

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How do I clean it without buying sprays or whatever. Damp cloth? Like just wipe it down. All the dust and such.
I gently rinse my engines with the hose, let it sit a few minutes, rinse again, spray with Purple power, let it sit for about 1/2 hour, gently rinse with hose. If any spots are stubborn spray with Purple power again and use a paint brush to clean, then rinse.

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes, I cant speak for Mik, but I was being sarcastic. I was poking fun at the fact there are people, some on this forum, who claim they will only buy "American" cars but have no definition of what that means, aside from their own proclamation. Hence my avatar.
I wonder whether I do the economy of the USA better by buying a car from a USA manufacturer that is made in another country or by buying a foreign manufacturer's car that is made in the USA.