Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This has not been a good week for the Mustang. nGuage seems dead for good. Need to confirm, but I think my diff mounts are torn. Shifter keeps getting stuck in reverse every time it's over 90 out now. Then a CEL popped up yesterday. :(
Seems like they're guaranteed to tear if you do a few clutch dumps or run more power than stock. Shit design and they're hard to replace. On the plus side, the reverse issue is probably just the lockout ring getting stuck.
Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Thanks bjstang! Iā€™m sure Iā€™m gonna get a call or email tomorrow about my Saturday experience! Iā€™ll share it later! Trying to do the right thing and be respectful... something I should have received over the weekend. For now, letā€™s just say I had a really messed up experience that really shouldnā€™t have happened.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Thanks bjstang! Iā€™m sure Iā€™m gonna get a call or email tomorrow about my Saturday experience! Iā€™ll share it later! Trying to do the right thing and be respectful... something I should have received over the weekend. For now, letā€™s just say I had a really messed up experience that really shouldnā€™t have happened.
Hope all is mostly well after clean up.

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Weā€™re all car gals and guys here. When you talk with someone and take their word for something you put yourself out there. I did that... A few conversations over a couple weeks and I was comfortable that I was going to be treated right. It wasnā€™t about money. It was about My Car being taken care of. Needless to say I was Let Down In A Big Way! Iā€™m not happy! Maybe thatā€™s just how the world works now!

I own my company.. weā€™re an industrial mechanical company and our Mantra is ā€œALWAYS LEAVE IT BETTER THEN YOU FOUND ITā€. And we have the same clients for over 35 years! Quoting Apollo 13... Failure is Not An Option! We need a reboot of the service industry!

And yes, the girls will always be mentioned first. Itā€™s just how I was brought up!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Weā€™re all car gals and guys here. When you talk with someone and take their word for something you out yourself out there. I did that... A few conversations over a couple weeks and I was comfortable that I was going to be treated right. It wasnā€™t about money. It was about My Car being taken care of. Needless to say I was Let Down In A Big Way! Iā€™m not happy! Maybe thatā€™s just how the world works now!

I own my company.. weā€™re an industrial mechanical company and our Mantra is ā€œALWAYS LEAVE IT BETTER THEN YOU FOUND ITā€. And we have the same clients for over 35 years! Quoting Apollo 13... Failure is Not An Option! We need a reboot of the service industry!
Oh yeah, respect and actual service is really hard to come by these days. I'm guessing because mess, it has something to do with oil and a plug or filter not being fastened properly. No matter what fluid it may be, I'm annoyed for you. Just another reason I do my own work to the brand new car whenever I can. Luckily it's only gone in once for warranty work but all other service has been me so only messes were my own. Hope it gets "fixed" for ya.

Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Oh yeah, respect and actual service is really hard to come by these days. I'm guessing because mess, it has something to do with oil and a plug or filter not being fastened properly. No matter what fluid it may be, I'm annoyed for you. Just another reason I do my own work to the brand new car whenever I can. Luckily it's only gone in once for warranty work but all other service has been me so only messes were my own. Hope it gets "fixed" for ya.
Yep. Botched oil change. By the time I got home, less then 5 miles I had to make sure I donā€™t have a fire under the hood. After that was confirmed, I let it sit overnight and cool off and picked her up on the Quickjacks and looked at what was going on. Just a complete mess that I spent an hour cleaning up then ordered WD degreaser online thatā€™s coming tomorrow. Iā€™ll be back under the car cleaning up the mess that never should have been on Tuesday after work.

In over 50 years I never knew that you needed to bring a fire extinguisher with you if you were going out for an oil change! Times have changed!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yep. Botched oil change. By the time I got home, less then 5 miles I had to make sure I donā€™t have a fire under the hood. After that was confirmed, I let it sit overnight and cool off and picked her up on the Quickjacks and looked at what was going on. Just a complete mess that I spent an hour cleaning up then ordered WD degreaser online thatā€™s coming tomorrow. Iā€™ll be back under the car cleaning up the mess that never should have been on Tuesday after work.

In over 50 years I never knew that you needed to bring a fire extinguisher with you if you were going out for an oil change! Times have changed!
Sorry to hear. That sucks.

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Donā€™t miss read this. I have been working on cars most of my childhood and all of my adult life. Iā€™m no stranger to changing oil. Itā€™s the easiest thing you can ever do to a car. This was about establishing a relationship with a New Dealership for me. I have been with the same dealer for over 30 years. Times change and people retire and I figure it may be time to look elsewhere... set the oil change up weeks in advance, even called to ask if they had someone that was familiar with the Shelbyā€™s! I was told @We work in them on a lotā€. So, you figure they know how to work in them... yeah right. If you have the means and you can do things yourself. Document it and record it if you can.

I will never go back to a dealership for anything other then warranty work. Iā€™ll do my own oil changes with approved oil and filter and video it. It shouldnā€™t be this way!

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Iā€™m 58! Do I want to be under my car changing the oil? No! Are there any other choices? Forgot to mention. I have (2) Heart Attacks under my belt already.

Itā€™s like thereā€™s a common denominator.. money! Their all hacks! Weā€™re here by Gods Good Humor! Enjoy the ride and donā€™t worry! šŸ¤£

Last edited:

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
Unfortunately not many people take pride in their work any more. I own my own HVAC business and I run into poor quality customer service and workmanship from other companies on a daily basis. I havenā€™t advertised once in the last 10 years, and havenā€™t wanted for work in that time. If you care about what you do, take pride in your work, and make good on your promises to your customers, they wonā€™t have a reason to go elsewhere.
Sorry they fouled up your car, I hope you can get it cleaned up without any permanent damage. I know Iā€™d be furious if I were in your shoes, and mine is just a base model GT.

Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Unfortunately not many people take pride in their work any more. I own my own HVAC business and I run into poor quality customer service and workmanship from other companies on a daily basis. I havenā€™t advertised once in the last 10 years, and havenā€™t wanted for work in that time. If you care about what you do, take pride in your work, and make good on your promises to your customers, they wonā€™t have a reason to go elsewhere.
Sorry they fouled up your car, I hope you can get it cleaned up without any permanent damage. I know Iā€™d be furious if I were in your shoes, and mine is just a base model GT.
Thank You! Iā€™ll get it cleaned up! My point is as much as they tout customer service, itā€™s not existent. They will fail! You know as well as I do, it doesnā€™t take long for your customers to stop believing in you if you lie to them. Itā€™s not Rocket Science!

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Last edited:

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name