Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Brutally honest lol
if I had a performance pack radiator, I guess would of been less of a upgrade, the new rad is literally 2x the size, (literally) so it may not be utilized, but at least my car will be cooled always. and I have never done it, but a lot of my friends go to the drag strip/quarter mile stuff locally and there's track events, (I will never do track events) as I saw my friend scuff a cone and that bad boy did paint damage.

but I get invited all the time to the track, I may do it. but, im slow, I am a manual and really have zero competitive side in me. but it would be fun to wot and see how terrible I get, probably 16's lmao.

the only bad mod, is a mod that would make my car not run good. I don't think you can overcool an engine, and since I only drive this in summer (like once or twice in winter last week) since its 40* out and no salt. I can't see how a cooler radiator can't be a good thing

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
if I had a performance pack radiator, I guess would of been less of a upgrade, the new rad is literally 2x the size, (literally) so it may not be utilized, but at least my car will be cooled always. and I have never done it, but a lot of my friends go to the drag strip/quarter mile stuff locally and there's track events, (I will never do track events) as I saw my friend scuff a cone and that bad boy did paint damage.

but I get invited all the time to the track, I may do it. but, im slow, I am a manual and really have zero competitive side in me. but it would be fun to wot and see how terrible I get, probably 16's lmao.

the only bad mod, is a mod that would make my car not run good. I don't think you can overcool an engine, and since I only drive this in summer (like once or twice in winter last week) since its 40* out and no salt. I can't see how a cooler radiator can't be a good thing
When I had my ecoboost. I definitely changed out the stock Intercooler. Much improvement with the cobb set up i had .it was a great car ..could not leave it alone with all the Mods .luckily I was able to recover a lot of the money back selling the parts before I got rid of the car .as for the radiator you should be ok with a Radiator comb to fix the fins ..try contacting Mishimoto, Show them pictures of the damage ,probably give you a partial refund. I've worked with them before pretty decent people to work with

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I consider this an investment! because, after its on, I am officially done with my car. literally, all audio, suspension, braking, wheels, tires, engine stuff, comfort add ons, nothing else to do. Just drive around, look pretty and enjoy the smiles per gallon (and miles! and I get 33-37mpg on highway boyos)!!

its only depreciated if I sell it, I don't sell things, I just keep em. resale value has zero matter to me. on year 9 with my DD and if engine blew today, better believe id buy a brand new drop in engine, or a low mileage replacement, same with clutch, id drop a new engine, clutch, everything right now in my 3k Scion tC. just because, its a vehicle, paid off, super reliable and it's going to last forever.

mustang being my summer car is just that, my summer car. if it blew, I'd buy a engine from another car same thing.

once my mustangs paid off this summer I have a choice to make, either 3k additional to my mortgage to pay my remaining 140k off in next 4-5 years. or try to invest with it instead.

if I pay the house off, that's 400 a month saved in interest long term, imo if I don't invest, all my extra $ is going to that payment.

edit.

I got my 17 mustang, for 21.6k (23k after tax) msrp is 34k window sticker, brand new, 10 miles, I got full manufacture warranty and everything starting 2019 February lol. im first owner. it was a leftover of 2 years. they had two of them, he had a bunch of older mustangs, even unsold like 2010 Shelbys and stuff.

here's my car when I got it. - look behind it, you can see one of the leftover unsold cars. just sitting dusting away.
IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_7944.jpg

IMG_7939.jpg

BBA25C74-4FD2-406E-9F2F-6F3434CE4F71.jpeg

DA5F8FD7-50DE-4EF3-B3AC-FEA791C2D824.jpeg

450F1033-B0A8-477E-9D7B-1B390BFE3A73.jpeg

8549A4EF-71FF-4DFB-94BE-E12C3C83DD16.jpeg
You have made the car your own the way you want it. Keep up the good work!

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I mean... it’s fun.
but, I have the smallestradiator offered, the base radiator, not pp in ecoboost. Popped radiator cover to look. Man it’s tiny.

5EA70EBD-01CC-4415-A7D4-46D1C2C7617F.jpeg

F75EFFB7-6CC7-4C29-9AE5-1135A614345B.jpeg

5127E505-0C3D-46CC-82C6-AC75788C5F78.jpeg

3C9DADF7-07B6-473A-AA7F-588F8CC3F9BA.jpeg
I have a base GT, same radiator and I live in Florida. You don't need more cooling, I assure you.

Just trying to save you some money and scuffed knuckles lol

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have a base GT, same radiator and I live in Florida. You don't need more cooling, I assure you.

Just trying to save you some money and scuffed knuckles lol
We don’t have same radiator

fhe performance pack ecoboost, gets the base gt radiator. The base is smaller than that.

Mine is 2/3 the size of your base radiator, due to intercooler location we have smaller height

eb base, smallest rad
Eb pp, gt base rad
Gt base, gets base gt rad
Gt pp, even larger rad I believe

this is what I’ve read in a ton of post anyway.Eitherway, I guess the mishimoto rad is even larger than ford perf gt radiator. For (Both ecoboost and gt) versions.

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I had a folder of mods before we ordered the car.
Lol I bought every single item on a sale. I was patiently but still adding. Ie, massive discounts. Got my CPE intercooler for 275 bucks shipped new, 280 for CPE intake, etc.

way cheaper than list. But it was dreadful waiting for sales.

hindsight, I havnt seen shit go on sale since covid, glad I went all outBlack Friday before covid.

most expensive item though, was my darn wheels. I got 5 Rohana rf2’s for 1500 otd. That’s like 1390 before tax. They made a couple nicks on one of the wheels during install, the machine did it I guess. So they gave me it as a spare and ordered me a new one. So worked out.

it was basically the final touch, I loved it so much more than my black wheels to match my chrome window trim.

Sold those for 800 with tires. Pretty happy recouping a good chunk $ from the old set for being replicas, (voxx) not oem

C74C529E-4185-4049-98FC-205B74A6E359.jpeg

47CB69DC-E26D-409A-B035-A888CD4C5B62.jpeg

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I had the Ford Performance power pack II kit installed today on my 20 PP2 car today. So far very happy.

MM_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
Installed 4" to 8" Screen Upgrade. The stock USB hub in my 2020 base works with the new system. Now I need to get the Drive Mode switch working.

Also installed the PP1 dash panel and gauges. I connected the gauges to the plug located behind the radio screen and they both function without modification.

20210112_154338.jpg

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Installed 4" to 8" Screen Upgrade. The stock USB hub in my 2020 base works with the new system. Now I need to get the Drive Mode switch working.

Also installed the PP1 dash panel and gauges. I connected the gauges to the plug located behind the radio screen and they both function without modification.

20210112_154338.jpg
nice install - what did you have before the gauges, just the three air vents? Wonder if this would work on a RHD UK GT model.... if the cabling is there or more likely not..

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
nice install - what did you have before the gauges, just the three air vents? Wonder if this would work on a RHD UK GT model.... if the cabling is there or more likely not..
I think the problem is getting the RHD trim piece with the four holes :frown: I've asked before but maybe something has changed - Maybe the UK Mach 1 will get the four which will then open the door for this mod ? :like:

WD :like:

MM_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
I had the 3 vents. Not sure about the UK model.