Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Looks like I won't get the car back until tomorrow. They are going to try and do something custom for the amp rack in the spare tire hole, so if it looks good I'll drop some pics. Punch amp birth sheet was 1271watts, so peak 175/channel to components and 500+ to 12" sub. Looks like my steeda shift knob and pop trunk kit are arriving today.
I'll take some pics as well, working on a custom amp rack now. Just installed the custom aero ported 12" sub enclosure I finished making yesterday. Shit is loud and that is only on 400 watts. 2.5 ft3 net airspace and a 10.5" precision port aeroport, brought the sub to life beyond my expectations. The box barely fit into the trunk, I had to remove the floor and it went in. It's about 20" wide, 26" deep and 14.75 high.
Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I got the Steeda H pipe installed and some ultra light jacking rails. I didn’t think the H pipe would’ve made too much difference, but dang was I wrong. This thing is loud. It’s perfect.

It is a little raspy in track mode but I can only imagine how it’s with the X pipe. Either way, money well spent.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I love how the front end wants to get up and walk off on that dyno!

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Installed Steeda trunk pop struts, should have come from the factory that way... Amp and component speakers installed and look great. Went ahead and ordered the JL stealth sub today, it is loud but def needs a subwoofer.

IMG_3600.jpg
IMG_3603.jpg

Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Built these today to reclock some bushings :)
1607812541087.png
I made the same things for mine when I was working on the exhaust and suspension, they work fantastic.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yup. Wouldn't recommend it. Took me way too long because I had no room to work. Biggest issue was that my saw-zall was too long to get in there. I wound up having to bare hacksaw blade the last inch or so of pipe off. The cut did not turn out pretty...
That sucks ... sorry to hear you had so much trouble. Should have bought the right blade ..... once you get it started, it should just rotate all the way through the cut and work it toward the floor. I did mine on jack stands and I think from start to finish took 15 min.

I watched a couple of videos and also noticed a lot of people tried to start the cut in the middle to end of the blade rather than bracing the sawzall against the pipe. the cuts took a long time to get through the pipe and cuts were crooked. A new blade should make it through the pipe in less than 30 seconds and not be difficult at all.

Last edited: