Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Good grief the s type sounds much better to me than the Mbrp street. YouTube doesn’t do it justice and she is loud. Black chrome tips look better with green and black too.
The only problem with that is EVERYBODY and their mom has the Borla/FP system(s).

I got so sick of hearing the same tone so I just went full dual custom exhaust.
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
The only problem with that is EVERYBODY and their mom has the Borla/FP system(s).

Yeah. This is my 4th borla. Just been happy with them. Almost went corsa but just stuck with what I knew. There are not a lot of loud stangs here that I have run into. Same with camaros. It’s like no one changes the exhaust.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
what are you doing hanging around behind people? You're supposed to be in front of everybody.
Same with camaros. It’s like no one changes the exhaust.
why would you? Factory exhaust sounds just fine. If you have AE it's even finer. I only put the Steeda H-pipe and Borla/FP street on mine because it was being sold at a loss and I was curious what all the hubub was about. Yes I like the result, but would I do it to the next GT? Probably not.

Yes I have aftermarket exhaust on all of my motorcycles save one. The WSB-spec race pipe that came on the Aprilia came with the bike and I didn't feel like bothering to source a stock replacement.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Is it just my eyeballs or is the end of the stripe not symmetrical? Where it starts to taper in.
To me, the stripe looks like a giant tongue depressor. If it were my car, I wouldn't shape the front of the stripe. Just run it all the way out to the grill. You can still do the pony where you have it and I think it would look awesome.
Forgive my terrible photo editing skills but this is what I was thinking:
1F416789-F7EA-41D9-9FA7-A91A649E0AA6.jpeg
The stripe that is on there now was from BigWormGraphix. It’s their version of the Mach1 style hood stripe but I’ve since removed the outer pin stripe as I thought it was too close to my scoops. Also I screwed up the install on it a little so I’ll be replacing it in the near future with some matte 3M wrap that I’ll be doing myself.

It is symmetric, must just be the angle of the photo. I thought about keeping it straight all the way down but I think if it extends all the way to the grille then it should probably extend the length of the car too. Keeping it straight and stopping short just doesn’t look as good to me. I think it looks good on the Mach1 with the taper.

4811960F-30B8-4E7B-A02D-C786081CDD78.jpeg

19A6E28F-84E1-4EA1-9783-F9C1AE7F8FD1.jpeg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
what are you doing hanging around behind people? You're supposed to be in front of everybody.
Haha, true! I try to be out front but somedays are better than others. In general, the whole damn Cars & Coffee/car show scene has the 2-3 standard exhausts for the s550 platform.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Debating on removing the shelf speakers to let bass through more, how worthless are rear shelf speakers overall in terms of adding sound to car experience?

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Played around with some vinyl and my wife’s Cricut machine while I’m waiting for my roll of knifeless tape to show up to re-do the hood. It’s a gloss black logo on satin right now, so it stands out in the right light but disappears from some angles. I kinda like it, and it would keep the running horse up front when I eventually switch out my grille.

112BA30E-2F7C-4D2C-AC42-483D8F781203.jpeg
Aren't you supposed to weed the stencil so the white shows through?

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Debating on removing the shelf speakers to let bass through more, how worthless are rear shelf speakers overall in terms of adding sound to car experience?
Stock are pretty worthless, they weigh a few ounces and the magnets are about the size of a quarter. Replace them and they sound great.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Aren't you supposed to weed the stencil so the white shows through?
I wanted the horse in gloss to see what it would look like over matte black. I’ve also though of putting it under the vinyl next time I do the stripe so it is embossed. Looking for a subtle accent, not a bold logo

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Is it just my eyeballs or is the end of the stripe not symmetrical? Where it starts to taper in.
To me, the stripe looks like a giant tongue depressor. If it were my car, I wouldn't shape the front of the stripe. Just run it all the way out to the grill. You can still do the pony where you have it and I think it would look awesome.
Forgive my terrible photo editing skills but this is what I was thinking:
That's very funny cause I thought of a giant tongue myself. Looks way better in this picture.

Piked up a new term reading this thread "weed the stripe", inside baseball I assume.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up the RTR heat extractors, from my painter.

Setting them out, let them cure, install in a month or so.

IMG_0697.jpeg

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted the horse in gloss to see what it would look like over matte black. I’ve also though of putting it under the vinyl next time I do the stripe so it is embossed. Looking for a subtle accent, not a bold logo
I like your stripe. And I think it would look great if you can have the horse imbossed in the strip like you described.

Last edited:

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
I got the yearly oil change yesterday at a Ford dealer. Used my Ford-Pass Points: 10 quarts full synthetic 5W20 = $110.
I only drove 3500 miles in the last 12 months (working from home).

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Stock are pretty worthless, they weigh a few ounces and the magnets are about the size of a quarter. Replace them and they sound great.
Yep, that is what I am fixing to go drop the car off for. Getting JL audio component speakers inside the cabin, and a punch 1000 amp. I doubt removing them really helps with bass by leaving a hole, put some nice 2 ways in there instead.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I won't get the car back until tomorrow. They are going to try and do something custom for the amp rack in the spare tire hole, so if it looks good I'll drop some pics. Punch amp birth sheet was 1271watts, so peak 175/channel to components and 500+ to 12" sub. Looks like my steeda shift knob and pop trunk kit are arriving today.
Sponsored