Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
Done with the under hood mod's. Added in the California Pony Cars radiator overflow and brake master cylinder covers. Nice and tidy. What I would consider OEM+.

20201123_161750.jpg
Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Your post actually describes some ways to change music while driving. So everyone can understand what you want, please describe. In 2016, I just use voice commands to select songs, artists, albums, genres, etc..
I want to be able to hit the browse button and look at my music by artist, playlist or album. Currently while driving the browse button just takes you back to the audio main screen until you come to a stop. Out here is very rural and almost no stop lights. Voice commands only work if you have a signal, something else that is also very scarce out here.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The force ... :cwl:

WD :like:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I want to be able to hit the browse button and look at my music by artist, playlist or album. Currently while driving the browse button just takes you back to the audio main screen until you come to a stop. Out here is very rural and almost no stop lights. Voice commands only work if you have a signal, something else that is also very scarce out here.
Thanks. I can understand why they don't let you (editorial you, not Kelly you) read lists on a screen while driving. Since you (Kelly you) don't want to stop, you could get closer to your wants by putting your music on a USB flash drive and using the car's voice commands to do what you want.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Cell data. When you use voice commands, the speech recognition is handled server side. Phones are very powerful, but they don't have the storage space to keep all the speech recognition data locally.
Eh ? Sure doesn't require cell data when using Sync3 voice commands which was what was mentioned about selecting music in the car.

Even phone voice recognition is offline:

Apple - All the voice processing is done offline, which makes it both quick and robust to things like signal problems or use in foreign countries where data might be hard to come by. And the intelligence built into Siri lets it recognize names and context-specific words that may not be part of the base vocabulary

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Cell data. When you use voice commands, the speech recognition is handled server side. Phones are very powerful, but they don't have the storage space to keep all the speech recognition data locally.
I remember once my phone couldn't speak the time when I asked because there was no signal. LoL

But I thought it was because the insides of the phone couldn't see the time displayed on the screen because its opaque from the back. Or maybe it could see thru but couldn't do the conversion since it would look like a mirror image from behind.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I didn’t know that! Thanks Mik.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Eh ? Sure doesn't require cell data when using Sync3 voice commands which was what was mentioned about selecting music in the car.

Even phone voice recognition is offline:

Apple - All the voice processing is done offline, which makes it both quick and robust to things like signal problems or use in foreign countries where data might be hard to come by. And the intelligence built into Siri lets it recognize names and context-specific words that may not be part of the base vocabulary
So I put my iPhone in airplane mode and tried to use Siri. Got this.

3D9786EE-DEA1-4CC9-88A4-A91F1BF6C749.jpeg

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
OK, this requires an explanation. What kind of signal is needed to use voice commands on music stored in your car?
I hit the audio button and it said that an internet connection is required on my iPhone.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1