Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
That's awesome!!! I work as a coach for the SCCA TNiA events at Thunderhill in CA. I'm glad you had a great time and would love to see your pix and footage!

Hit up my youtube (link in signature) for some track footage too.
I posted two laps in the pictures and videos section.

We're headed back in two weeks. I'll check out your YT.

Couple of questions. 1) What wing/spoiler are you running and 2) I'm going to try track addict app this go round. I don't have the OBD hook up. Do I need one, and what would be a good one?
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I posted two laps in the pictures and videos section.

We're headed back in two weeks. I'll check out your YT.

Couple of questions. 1) What wing/spoiler are you running and 2) I'm going to try track addict app this go round. I don't have the OBD hook up. Do I need one, and what would be a good one?
Ok cool, I'll check it out in that section.

In regards to the Wing it is a APR Performance Spec S550 wing. It's based on the GTC 200 style wing.
JDP-0208.jpg

I like Track Addict a lot. I dont have the OBDII hookup but it will allow greater parameters to show in your video renders.
There are many options out there and I typically never buy the cheapest one. I will get the external GPS antenna before
my next day out. I did the premium version to fully customize Fonts/Colors and other details #designlife

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Did some more testing with my sound setup. It's neat to see what happens when the gain is set too high and compression kicks in vs. having it dialed in a bit better. Top example is too much gain, and you can see where the peak gets smoothed out instead of just clipping off. The bottom example is getting it right up to the edge so the exhaust note can run through its entire dynamic range. Both are 2nd gear pulls to about 6k RPMs
compression.JPG

Sponsored

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Sadly, I put the wifes Ecoboost up for sale today...came close to trading it in last month but the deal fell thru. So now the plan now is to order a 2021 Twister Orange GT ASAP

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Gt350 door sills and push button start. Also ford performance hood struts.
20200904_095737.jpg
20200904_095443.jpg
20200904_095436.jpg
20200904_093737.jpg
Sill plates look great. Are they illuminated as well?

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What kind of prep did you have to do before applying that Turtle Wax ceramic spray coating? And did you just spray it, and let it dry out, or how it's supposed to be applied? Thx.

And to contribute, I painted the ugly mufflers black. They looked like crap from behind IMO.

Bullitt muffler1.JPG

Bullitt muffler2.JPG

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
What kind of prep did you have to do before applying that Turtle Wax ceramic spray coating? And did you just spray it, and let it dry out, or how it's supposed to be applied? Thx.

And to contribute, I painted the ugly mufflers black. They looked like crap from behind IMO.

Bullitt muffler1.JPG

Bullitt muffler2.JPG
I was pretty lucky and didn’t have to do any prep other than washing. My car wasn’t transported by rail so no iron brake dust. My cars only two months old and never had anything like wax or sealer put on. The surface was very clean, others may have to do lots of prep.
You just spray two or three times on a body part, wipe it with a micro fiber towel. Once you spread it to cover you immediately wipe and buff with another dry towel. It doesn’t take much and you don’t want to use too much or let it dry. There’s a lot of YouTube videos on it.

personally , and just my opinion, but I think the pro detailers and their applications are a huge rip off. Of course they use pro ceramic products but it ain’t rocket science. I’m older so I don’t fall for those snake oil sales pitches.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Gave it a nice bath and put on my new 5.0 valve stem caps my 13 year old son had bought for me. He was like hey dad didn't you like those caps I bought you because you still have not put them on. So they are on now lol sure hope no one steals the ( please take them )
IMG_6220.jpg
IMG_6221.jpg
Sponsored