Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Do you ever have an issue with the petrol tank cover?
I have been thinking of getting one for my metallic grey Mustang...

I ran her through a touchless car wash...I will have to say, I am impressed with the outcome.

35dbvnk.jpg

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Bleeding the brakes. any good way to do this by myself?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Do you ever have an issue with the petrol tank cover?
I have been thinking of getting one for my metallic grey Mustang...

Not a single issue. It is a solid piece and works like it came on the car for the factory. :cheers:

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Bleeding the brakes. any good way to do this by myself?
I use this a Motive Power Bleeder and it surprisingly fits other cars I have too. They have a application guide you can check to see if this will work with other vehicles you may have. I don't fill the bottle with brake fluid (too lazy to clean it), but I just create a pressure and keep pumping it. Then check the bleeding and go back to pumping it / refill with more brake fluid and repeat. Fast way is to just the bottle with brake fluid and pump away, but you will have to clean it afterwards.

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I use this a Motive Power Bleeder and it surprisingly fits other cars I have too. They have a application guide you can check to see if this will work with other vehicles you may have. I don't fill the bottle with brake fluid (too lazy to clean it), but I just create a pressure and keep pumping it. Then check the bleeding and go back to pumping it / refill with more brake fluid and repeat. Fast way is to just the bottle with brake fluid and pump away, but you will have to clean it afterwards.
too bad I didn't know about this last Spring when I did my 08's brake fluid.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Got rid of this piece of crap and put the Steeda billet one in. Very easy install, took less than 15 minutes once the car was on jack stands.

I noticed a slight increase in vibrations from the shifter, but I was expecting it. It feels like a T56 now with the shifter mounted directly onto the trans as far as vibration goes.

However, the ease of shifting is dramatically increased. For the first time in 15,000 miles with this car I was able to effortlessly snatch a 2-3 shift at 7200rpm and it went right in instead of feeling like I was stirring a bowl of spaghetti. Very much worth the $75 since I didn't feel like doing the whole shifter yet.

1463.jpg

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Motive bleeder is good - just use the recommended psi from Ford - 30-50psi if I remember right. Personally I use a Mity Vac. No helpers needed. No bottles of clean fluid needed.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Scorpion EXO R410 helmet came in (Snell 2015 approved, $76 shipped, woohoo.) but can't make it to TNT @Gainesville tomorrow. Gotta wait a few more weeks. UGG.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Motive bleeder is good - just use the recommended psi from Ford - 30-50psi if I remember right. Personally I use a Mity Vac. No helpers needed. No bottles of clean fluid needed.
I've got the Motive setup, but still prefer the old school method pumping the brakes. Love the small Motive bottles used to collect the old fluid though. Very handy!

Please don't go too high on the PSI. It isn't pleasant when you do...

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've got the Motive setup, but still prefer the old school method pumping the brakes. Love the small Motive bottles used to collect the old fluid though. Very handy!

Please don't go too high on the PSI. It isn't pleasant when you do...
I have a Mityvac too, but used it for clutch bleeding instead of brake bleeding :). Regarding PSI, I didn't know there was a recommended pressure to keep it at lol. I was fine bleeding it at 9-13 PSI. Used a clear tube at the calipers to see the fluid come out into a big jug I used. I thought about getting the little collection bottle, but decided to just get a longer tube to reach the jug lol.

Anyway, what I did to my Mustang (two days ago): fixed my A/C! My condenser leaked and I thought I had a dreaded evap issue, but ended up just replacing the condenser and recharging the system. Blowing a strong and cool 40.3 degrees F.

SteedaGrrl

2Fast2Furious
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6-speed
Update: Just bought a few things for the build. Summer's coming up and it's autocross season, so I figured I better get the intercooler.

Ended up getting the MAPerformance IC direct from the website which has a nifty coupon (SPRING5) worth $27 off. (Also used the Affirm loan to spread the purchase cost out over 6 months with just $40 in interest. Well worth it to me.)

Also bought some rear powder coated aluminum fin diffusers (for non premium package) from a guy on FB who had good reviews.

The painted GT350R spoiler is shipping out tomorrow from RPI Design's paint shop after waiting a month for it.

Hopefully will get it all in next week and get it installed before next Sunday's autocross!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Ended up getting the MAPerformance IC direct from the website which has a nifty coupon (SPRING5) worth $27 off. (Also used the Affirm loan to spread the purchase cost out over 6 months with just $40 in interest. Well worth it to me.)
I like to use affirm when you get the no-interest option. Did that with both my purple mattress and my new Krona catback. I pay it back in like 2-3 months but its nice to be able to spread it out if I want to.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I like to use affirm when you get the no-interest option. Did that with both my purple mattress and my new Krona catback. I pay it back in like 2-3 months but its nice to be able to spread it out if I want to.
If you haven't installed your Krona yet you're gonna love it :cheers:
Sponsored