Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
After fixing a cross-threaded bolt on the drivers side hood last night, I installed my Ford Performance Hood struts. I really like how these look and they work well. This install would have been super simple (and still wasn't hard) if there hadn't been the issue with the bolt that i fixed with a die cut.

Today, I finally installed my Steeda low profile jacking rails that my wife bought me for Christmas. Install was easy, though I did use the existing Ford bolts and not the included bolts for 6 of them.
IMG_4634.jpg
IMG_4635.jpg
IMG_4637.jpg
Sponsored

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After fixing a cross-threaded bolt on the drivers side hood last night, I installed my Ford Performance Hood struts. I really like how these look and they work well. This install would have been super simple (and still wasn't hard) if there hadn't been the issue with the bolt that i fixed with a die cut.

Today, I finally installed my Steeda low profile jacking rails that my wife bought me for Christmas. Install was easy, though I did use the existing Ford bolts and not the included bolts for 6 of them.
Ya the FP Hood Struts look realy nice and work so well, I have them, should have come factory. .. lol...

A Q? Re the Steeda Jacking Rails, I have yet to install mine, still to Frickin cold up here I'm waiting for some Sun & warmth. What's the diff on the bolts, length? By the sounds if it the stock worked for you, so i'm Woundering why they send new bolts?:shrug:

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Ya the FP Hood Struts look realy nice and work so well, I have them, should have come factory. .. lol...

A Q? Re the Steeda Jacking Rails, I have yet to install mine, still to Frickin cold up here I'm waiting for some Sun & warmth. What's the diff on the bolts, length? By the sounds if it the stock worked for you, so i'm Woundering why they send new bolts?:shrug:
In another thread Steeda responded, and I don't remember the exact answer, but something to do with some customers like to save weight anywhere they can get it e.g. smaller bolts weight less.

I used some blue loctite on it, and reused the Ford ones because they were about twice as long as the Steeda ones. It took maybe 20 minutes to do the install.

Oh, and agreed. A car with a 45K sticker should not have a prop rod in 2017. Though, I'm sure it's because Ford likes to offer the after market things to sell (including their own Ford Performance brand).

Sponsored

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In another thread Steeda responded, and I don't remember the exact answer, but something to do with some customers like to save weight anywhere they can get it e.g. smaller bolts weight less.

I used some blue loctite on it, and reused the Ford ones because they were about twice as long as the Steeda ones. It took maybe 20 minutes to do the install.

Oh, and agreed. A car with a 45K sticker should not have a prop rod in 2017. Though, I'm sure it's because Ford likes to offer the after market things to sell (including their own Ford Performance brand).
Thx for the info, ya I'll probably stick with the longer ones to, and I like the locktite idea to. I don't track my baby, so a little extra weight won't hurt. Like you said, a car of this magnitude
with hood props.... Questioned alot of sales people and got alot of shoulder shrugs. .... lol...
You hit the nail on the head. :headbonk:

Last edited:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I always assumed it's because a hood prop makes it easier to work on the back of the engine. Gives you more room to lean over from the side.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Removed the sound tube and installed an oil catch can. Removing the sound tube was like everyone has said before, not hard to do but hard to get to, the tiny nut on the firewall is tucked in so nicely it took me a few tries to get my arm in there. But eventually I got to it and removed the sound tube. And the difference is quite large, in quiet mode I can barely hear anything other than road noise if I'm cruising with minimal gas pedal depressed.

The oil catch can is from UPR products, very nicely built and installs quite easily. Checked the can after driving for 20 miles or so, and I'm really glad I installed it. There aren't any visible oil in the can yet, but the smell of engine oil is very strong in the can. and I know it's doing its job since I can't really smell anything from the clean side tube, other than the smell of rubber.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Put this in!
IMG_20180204_154737.jpg