Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=24293]EcoVert[/MENTION] [MENTION=32500]bdm219[/MENTION] it's an early unit from mustangrad.io. There's a thread in the Infotainment forum with some more info too. From the FB page they have, a bigger beta group should be coming soon.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I always assumed it's because a hood prop makes it easier to work on the back of the engine. Gives you more room to lean over from the side.
I think the hood prop is in the way far more than hood struts. You can still reach as far back as you need, as the angle you'd be going in anyway is away from the struts.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Installed oil separator today.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I finally got the coilovers removed and PP Struts/Shocks put on which some Eibach Sportlines. I have no more horrible banging/thump coming from the rear, FINALLY! It was ODD driving from the shop and hitting minor road defects and not cringing. For the 1st 15 minutes every time I'd see something in the road the would normally make the sound I would pucker up my ass. That was literally the only thing that killed my vibe of enjoyment when driving the car. Had it for 18k miles... so that's a lot of cringing. I pulled the rear like 4 times this summer and couldn't find it.

Anyways I was hoping with the sportlines to give me near identical stance I had with the coilovers and it DID! I actually like it more because that I am running a slightly taller tire in the rear (315 35) I felt like it sat a tad to high. These dropped the rear just slightly lower than I had it with the coilovers. And yes surprisingly, no rub in the rear.

Now I need to get it aligned. I had camber bolts installed up front as well as I ordered ALL new hardware for every piece of suspension that got removed (all nuts bolts, shock mounts, etc) because I know the coilovers were probably hard on all the stuff.
PSX_20180203_111914.jpg
IMG_20180203_172126_976.jpg

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the car looked familiar when I saw it on r/mustang! Passenger side looks perfect while the driver side looks like its right on there from that angle. A lot of people have said that Sportlines are too much for the stock PP dampeners though so you might end up with an issue there too :O

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
[MENTION=25003]wireeater[/MENTION]

I bet whoever installed those tires was cussing you!, LOL Are those 10" wheels?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=25003]wireeater[/MENTION]

I bet whoever installed those tires was cussing you!, LOL Are those 10" wheels?
10.5, took them to my buddies subbie shop. He didn't have any issues.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I thought the car looked familiar when I saw it on r/mustang! Passenger side looks perfect while the driver side looks like its right on there from that angle. A lot of people have said that Sportlines are too much for the stock PP dampeners though so you might end up with an issue there too :O
And I've had friends that had no issues running them as well. I guess it just comes down to luck and how they were installed. We will see. I was thinking about ordering some struts but I just felt like I was getting back into what I wanted out of. Just wanted basic as I could while looking good doing it. I drove it for around 80 miles the other day including some back road curving and car felt pretty good. Not as tight as it was on coilovers but not bad.
Sponsored