Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
You're fine. I did the same to mine when installing because the needle nose vise grips didn't do their job. I had the same concern and it's been fine for 2k miles.

-Emt1581
Thanks for saving me the $70 sir. How do you like the spring, did you try without it at all?
Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Thanks for saving me the $70 sir. How do you like the spring, did you try without it at all?
Did not and I would not try it without it. Some do, but I worry about it causing damage/wear down the road.

At first I didn't think there was that much of a difference but, to be honest, that was also a month after I first drove a stick shift...my Mustang. As the week's progressed so did my shifting and now I can honestly join everyone else that said it's a really amazing upgrade! You can feel the engagement significantly better which means much improved shifting/accelerating/performance.

Good luck!

-Emt1581

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Did not and I would not try it without it. Some do, but I worry about it causing damage/wear down the road.

At first I didn't think there was that much of a difference but, to be honest, that was also a month after I first drove a stick shift...my Mustang. As the week's progressed so did my shifting and now I can honestly join everyone else that said it's a really amazing upgrade! You can feel the engagement significantly better which means much improved shifting/accelerating/performance.

Good luck!

-Emt1581
Thanks man! I drove just now about 15 miles to work both highway/city. Feels decently heavy, I don't think it would cause any wear being a hydraulic system but no harm until the spring arrives.

I'll say though it makes it a lot easier to downshift now than before. Same with upshifting, helps prevent accidentally slipping between gears. Glad I did this.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Thanks man! I drove just now about 15 miles to work both highway/city. Feels decently heavy, I don't think it would cause any wear being a hydraulic system but no harm until the spring arrives.

I'll say though it makes it a lot easier to downshift now than before. Same with upshifting, helps prevent accidentally slipping between gears. Glad I did this.
I've been driving mine without a spring since I purchased the car. 20k miles, no issues.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's pure mainlined badass right there!!! :headbang:

I'd love to know an out the door cost to make that upgrade including the other parts (and labor) I remember you sharing you upgraded. Also would be curious to see what you get at the dyno.

Congrats!! :cheers:

-Emt1581

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
That's pure mainlined badass right there!!! :headbang:

I'd love to know an out the door cost to make that upgrade including the other parts (and labor) I remember you sharing you upgraded. Also would be curious to see what you get at the dyno.

Congrats!! :cheers:

-Emt1581
Car made 663rwhp and 521rwtq on a 79mm pulley and 93 octane.

Blower kit was 6100 after a nice discount, and labor was 2000 which included the OPG and CG. Labor price also included custom tune on the dyno.

All the roush parts I bought have been right around 1000.

So figure right around 9k for everything. Not bad for a 750/800hp car. Lol.

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car made 663rwhp and 521rwtq on a 79mm pulley and 93 octane.

Blower kit was 6100 after a nice discount, and labor was 2000 which included the OPG and CG. Labor price also included custom tune on the dyno.

All the roush parts I bought have been right around 1000.

So figure right around 9k for everything. Not bad for a 750/800hp car. Lol.
You mention a "nice discount"...how'd you get that and what was starting price?

I'll be honest, I don't know enough about superchargers to know what the numbers mean compared to the price. But it definitely seems to have given the car a significant jump in power!

Thanks

-Emt1581

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
You mention a "nice discount"...how'd you get that and what was starting price?

I'll be honest, I don't know enough about superchargers to know what the numbers mean compared to the price. But it definitely seems to have given the car a significant jump in power!

Thanks

-Emt1581
The kit is normally 7200 but with dealer pricing and a sale I got it for 6100.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
image.jpg
Sponsored