Sponsored

What did you do to your Mach 1 today

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
man on man. swapped out my CUP2s for PS4s. did the same, and only real drive on had on the 2s, again this sunday with the new set up. wow, i want the CUP2s back! the car is so planted at speed in and our of corners with the track rubber.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
man on man. swapped out my CUP2s for PS4s. did the same, and only real drive on had on the 2s, again this sunday with the new set up. wow, i want the CUP2s back! the car is so planted at speed in and our of corners with the track rubber.
Track tire vs Street/Track tire. You can't always have it all unfortunately. The PS4S is great in the rain as I found out last Friday in the track attack.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Track tire vs Street/Track tire. You can't always have it all unfortunately. The PS4S is great in the rain as I found out last Friday in the track attack.
never stop wanting it all! :)

being in AZ rain is not an issue, but the roads are full of debris. like dust, pebbles, rocks, boulders. so you have that crap being tossed down the sides of the car from the fronts AND you might get 5k miles if you are into spirited weekend driving.

i did not think i would feel such a difference that is for sure.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

being in AZ rain is not an issue, but the roads are full of debris. like dust, pebbles, rocks, boulders. so you have that crap being tossed down the sides of the car from the fronts AND you might get 5k miles if you are into spirited weekend driving.

Yeah, the Cup 2's are like glue. You literally pick up every single rock on the road in your fender lining. That slick like area for cornering is unmatched.

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1

Same. When i put on PS4's I was like "ohhhh back to feeling like a normal car now"

Dont get me wrong its a nice tire but sheesh the cup 2's sheesh on sheesh on sheesh

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The HP cars are tuned for the cup2 tires. The PP cars are tuned for the PS4S so what you experienced makes sense. The springs are optimized for the extra grip the cup2 dishes out. I’d imagine if you put PS4S on those it would be a bit mushy feeling.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
@traxiii any update on the cervini hood?
Should be shipping any day. The hood was finished and the louvers' paint was curing last Thursday. Hoping to have it and installing it before Thanksgiving.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The HP cars are tuned for the cup2 tires. The PP cars are tuned for the PS4S so what you experienced makes sense. The springs are optimized for the extra grip the cup2 dishes out. I’d imagine if you put PS4S on those it would be a bit mushy feeling.
I think the track alignment also plays a huge factor into it more than the tuning part. A properly aligned HP with the PS4S does quite well.

Sponsored

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Took literally 3 minutes out of my day to install Steeda's trunk struts. Couldn't be more simple! Hood struts tomorrow (or the next day).

Tpme06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laramie, 2022 Mach 1
Took literally 3 minutes out of my day to install Steeda's trunk struts. Couldn't be more simple! Hood struts tomorrow (or the next day).

Which version of trunk struts? Was wondering if it needed the heavier duty with the spoiler and I was going to order over the next week or so.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Which version of trunk struts? Was wondering if it needed the heavier duty with the spoiler and I was going to order over the next week or so.
I went with the larger wing option. I don't think it opens too viciously or violently. Absolutely takes way more effort to close given how the stock units had like -1 resistance and this one has perhaps +7 if you will. Definitely grab the big one! Cheers!

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

I see something added to the Steeda cart. Thanks for the video.
Sponsored