Sponsored

What did you do to your Mach 1 today

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, Many agree with you as I do too. It s the big wing some people are fascinated with, LOL. I prefer the smaller wing look, more sleek IMO.
Now if it s a track car that s a different story.
Yeah, I think the big wing is overkill but I can see why people like it. Not for me either, I like the more subtle PP2 wing.
Sponsored

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP, Focus SE
I keep hearing all the problems with these Cup 2 tires and super low extra front splitter always getting damaged.
Unless its a dedicated track car, why do people buy the HP version if they are going to drive on regular streets and use parking lots.?
Seems like a massive expense to switch out tires right away and then always worry about that front splitter.
You just have to pick your routes carefully with the front splitter haha. I also didn't order this car, it was an allocation at the dealer. My intent wasn't to swap the tires out immediately since they really aren't THAT bad, just have to keep the wheel more steady on iffy roads. I do only expect them to last 5-10k miles just because of the design.

I do intent to take it to a track one day before they wear out, though.

Also it isn't my daily so that helps.

Last edited:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I keep hearing all the problems with these Cup 2 tires and super low extra front splitter always getting damaged.
Unless its a dedicated track car, why do people buy the HP version if they are going to drive on regular streets and use parking lots.?
Seems like a massive expense to switch out tires right away and then always worry about that front splitter.
I purchased the HP, mainly because I do like the looks of it, and I do want to start out racing a track with curves instead of a straight line, like I have done for the past 30 years. Also my car is not a daily driver, but I do take it out on the streets for fun.

When I do decide to hit the track I will purchase a set of lighter wheels, with a square set up. The cup 2's are horrible on the street for tramlining and overall driving experience.

My lower splitter is off now, only because Im going to make it a screwed on item and do away with the pins.

But at the end of the day, its the buyers choice, and if Ford had given a tire option for the HP, I would not have chosen the cup 2 tires.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Yeah, I think the big wing is overkill but I can see why people like it. Not for me either, I like the more subtle PP2 wing.
My wife hates the swing, she also likes the look of the standard wing, or no wing at all. I dont tell hew how to mod her Jeep, so it turns into a moot point...lol

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The wing isn't bad at all IMO, I actually contemplated adding it at one point but changed my mind. . You want to talk ugly wings... I think the GT500 carbon race version is hidious! lol

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP, Focus SE
The wing isn't bad at all IMO, I actually contemplated adding it at one point but changed my mind. . You want to talk ugly wings... I think the GT500 carbon race version is hidious! lol
My personal favorite wing I've ever seen on a Mustang:

1661186813398.png

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Myself, I would not drive an HP car as a DD. As a weekend/Holiday car, driving through mountain areas, they're a blast and a half.

I bought mine because I wanted the most performance-oriented and unique car I could afford.

Aside from the tires, the car does have a somewhat different tune, sway bars and some other pieces. Cost-effective? No. Best handling ever? Nu-uh. But it all came as one package from Ford, is under warranty, it's original and part of the car from birth.

The splitter? I was taken aback when I first saw Skye. It was like, "there's no way." You need to be more attentive, but it's not that bad. I've scraped the very outer lip of the splitter on the underside a few times, but otherwise, she's fine. Can't take any of this too seriously. I was somewhat relieved when I first scraped it, as in, "Well, I'm glad I got that over with."

Cup tires? As a street tire, they suck. On the short drive home, there was the constant pinging of rocks. As a track tire, it's my belief they do very well. Yes, I removed mine moments after getting home, along with the rims. The original rims are clean and stowed in the basement, which was part of the plan. Right now, the rims are plentiful. Twenty years from now, an original set, virgin, not so much.

Many of the same reasons I bought an HP are similar to why someone past bought a R-code Mach 1 versus a Q-code. Because I could I guess. You work years and years for "the man", all the while thinking of your "someday" moment. Skye is my someday moment.

Impractical, different, unique, somewhat rare and not everyone can own one. All the while occasionally scaring the crap out of me when I'm trying something I probably shouldn't. There are probably as many other reasons why as there are members here.

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Because the wheels and aggressive look is what I wanted. Swapping to the PS4S actually made me gain ride height and I haven't hit the splitter on anything yet. I sold the Cup 2's for almost as much as I paid for the PS4S new so I it cost me $200 to swap it. It's well worth the expense and everything the handling pack offers even for the regular roads.

I've even got one of the most annoying driveways anyone could have with the hump at the end of it and I put down Bridjits and I'm able to clear it perfectly fine at an angle every time with no scraping.

Sponsored

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP, Focus SE
Because the wheels and aggressive look is what I wanted. Swapping to the PS4S actually made me gain ride height and I haven't hit the splitter on anything yet. I sold the Cup 2's for almost as much as I paid for the PS4S new so I it cost me $200 to swap it. It's well worth the expense and everything the handling pack offers even for the regular roads.

I've even got one of the most annoying driveways anyone could have with the hump at the end of it and I put down Bridjits and I'm able to clear it perfectly fine at an angle every time with no scraping.
Still running the 305/315 split with the PS4S?

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I bought the car up in Mount Airy last week. Of course the day I buy it it is POURING rain...I was white knuckling the whole way back down haha.

Wet roads plus the wonderful tramlining Cup 2s made it super fun.
We could really use some of that rain stuff. Hasn't rained here since March.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Okay cool. I was looking at ECSs too but they only make a 325 for the back. Think spending the extra $200-$300 is worth it for the PS4S, though.
Other options I'd consider would be the Continental DW's or Firehawks if they come in the right sizes. I haven't looked. You could actually have a few hundred bucks left over with those options after selling Cup 2's.
Sponsored