Sponsored

What did you do to your Mach 1 today

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
newdecals.jpg

I was pulled over and given a ticket for 70% tint being on the winsdshield even though I told my installer I wanted legal limit so now I get to pay to have it removed.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
newdecals.jpg

I was pulled over and given a ticket for 70% tint being on the winsdshield even though I told my installer I wanted legal limit so now I get to pay to have it removed.
Your installer should remove it for nothing. Any tint on the windshield is technically illegal as an FYI, at least in most states.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Your installer should remove it for nothing. Any tint on the windshield is technically illegal as an FYI, at least in most states.
I asked him numerous times about it because he pushed it and he always said yes. As for the cost I have asked him and he said he does not know how much it will cost me yet. And this is on him becuase I said I only wanted legal limit tint.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
newdecals.jpg

I had 70pct in mine as they really help with the Texas Summers. I think any windshield tint is not allowed in our state. It’s pretty costly but since my rock chip incident necessitating a windshield replacement, I found that the cost is not worth it. Sorry to hear.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I had 70pct in mine as they really help with the Texas Summers. I think any windshield tint is not allowed in our state. It’s pretty costly but since my rock chip incident necessitating a windshield replacement, I found that the cost is not worth it. Sorry to hear.
Researching I have found this. #5.
texasdps.png

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I am curious if the Ford Performance banner at the top of your windshield is by any chance five inches wide?
IMG_4874.jpg

The line I cannot go under. He said the tint up on top was fine even though it goes under because of the curve of my windshield and he did not say anything about the letters.

Sponsored

BossPapa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1971 Boss 351 Mustang, 2019 F-250
[/QUOTE

That sucks and sorry to hear! Funny story as it seems everything is pretty much illegal where I live. I found out my tint guy also does all the local police cars, but he admitted they weren’t legal % either so I had him do the same level in all my vehicles and said it would be a fun court case if I was ever pulled over and ticketed!

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
[/QUOTE

That sucks and sorry to hear! Funny story as it seems everything is pretty much illegal where I live. I found out my tint guy also does all the local police cars, but he admitted they weren’t legal % either so I had him do the same level in all my vehicles and said it would be a fun court case if I was ever pulled over and ticketed!
The interesting part is that the Texas code says no but the Texas DPS website says it is allowed so I emailed the Texas DPS. Hopefully they will answer and fix it.

Last edited:

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
newdecals.jpg

Is it just the top strip is too dark and down too far or is your entire entire windshield tinted? If it’s just the top strip was it a local cop or DHS? I’m in Texas a lot and see entire windshields tinted, lower strips, top strips, reflective tint. Did you get a ticket for anything else where he tacked on the tint ticket? What were you doing when he lit you up? To just get a tint ticket in Texas for just a too low top strip would be very rare. Sorry it happened to you but I’m curious why this cop zeroed in on you.

RedCanPp2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Took the plunge and had my roof wrapped today. I’m super pleased with the end result!

IMG_0944.jpeg
IMG_0943.jpeg
I'm getting mine done in one week, did your installer wrap the antenna as well, or was that replaced? Mine said he wouldn't be able to do it because of the shape.
Sponsored