What did you do to your Mach 1 today

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Recommendation on catch can. JTL Ford Performance UPR or other?
Not saying the others are bad or something (since I do not have any experience with them), but I went with FP simply because it looks totally stock (tubing, branding, etc.) and it mounts into particular place which is kind of "ready" for it.

The mounting was a bit tricky (for me), but apart from that, after ~2k miles no issues whatsoever:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...e-oil-catch-cans-question.177745/post-3622239
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...e-oil-catch-cans-question.177745/post-3626578

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Recommendation on catch can. JTL Ford Performance UPR or other?
I went with the UPR, mainly for the simplicity of unscrewing it, dumping, and screwing it back on. That being said the FP unit is the best looking one.

Sponsored

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
I also went with the FP catch can(s). It’s hard to beat that OEM look (preference), and the manual references the catch can from the FP parts catalog, so might as well.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Fresh off the 3D printer! Just have to trim and mount them on clear Plexiglas for some car show eye candy to sit on the strut tower brace when the hood is up.

image.jpg

quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
I went with FP but wish I had gone with UPR. Why? Because I installed a Mishimoto expansion tank and the overflow tube is right above the catch can. It's just a little more effort to loosen the expansion tank, remove the screws on top of the catch can, and then stick a paper towel in the can to soak up the oil. The UPR is definitely an easier to maintain solution. So I will likely switch to UPR at some point.

IMG_3176 copy.jpeg

quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
Fresh off the 3D printer! Just have to trim and mount them on clear Plexiglas for some car show eye candy to sit on the strut tower brace when the hood is up.

image.jpg
That turned out really nice. I see a 3D printer showing up at my house in the near future.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Sponsored

quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
Hey don’t wanna get too many out there, we’ll put @pilotgore out of business 😂
Definitely not. I want one of his 3d printed oil funnels too when he is able to get around to printing them.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I went with FP but wish I had gone with UPR. Why? Because I installed a Mishimoto expansion tank and the overflow tube is right above the catch can. It's just a little more effort to loosen the expansion tank, remove the screws on top of the catch can, and then stick a paper towel in the can to soak up the oil. The UPR is definitely an easier to maintain solution. So I will likely switch to UPR at some point.

IMG_3176 copy.jpeg
UPR is easier indeed. That being said I have the Steeda one and I found the process to not be as difficult. Not sure if its the design of the Steeda one but I just need to disconnect one of the hoses going to the catch can (the one on the right) then you are able to pull on the catch can at a slight angle and remove from the slip fit mounting point on the back of it. Give it a try (looks like for you, you must remove the hose directly on top since the steeda one doesn't have that third nipple in the middle).

1679022320028.png

quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
UPR is easier indeed. That being said I have the Steeda one and I found the process to not be as difficult. Not sure if its the design of the Steeda one but I just need to disconnect one of the hoses going to the catch can (the one on the right) then you are able to pull on the catch can at a slight angle and remove from the slip fit mounting point on the back of it. Give it a try (looks like for you, you must remove the hose directly on top since the steeda one doesn't have that third nipple in the middle).

1679022320028.png
I can try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

image.jpg
Mike, if you want to sell one let me know. That would fit nice in the garage.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),