Sponsored

What did you do to your Mach 1 today

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
First Mod I did, had it before the car came..lol
Function is a little different as you need to pull the collar up but man does is look and feel better!
Stock looks so damn cheap imo
I think I might go ahead and pull the trigger then. Did you get the Mach 1 logo on the top of yours or just a plain white cue ball shifter? How difficult was install? I'm a little anxious about dropping screws down in there lol
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think I might go ahead and pull the trigger then. Did you get the Mach 1 logo on the top of yours or just a plain white cue ball shifter? How difficult was install? I'm a little anxious about dropping screws down in there lol
I'm not a big logo guy so I went clean white. I think there are a couple models available from WM, one was like universal or something but I went with the specific one for our car, sits lower and looks better.
Hardest part was peeling the plastic collar off, feels like its's going to break so just take your time and get plastic pry tools.
And yes, be careful with that set screw... it was also a bit of a bitch to get in, use magnetic head if possible

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I have the shifter and the manual shift boot for sale in the classifieds. Everything minus the shift knob.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Change out the B&O sub. I did the Pioneer swap and it made a huge difference.

Sponsored

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Change out the B&O sub. I did the Pioneer swap and it made a huge difference.
Just ordered this too. This is probably a really stupid question (never messed with speaker wires myself before), but I'm assuming you need to unhook the battery before you go messing with those wires right?

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just ordered this too. This is probably a really stupid question (never messed with speaker wires myself before), but I'm assuming you need to unhook the battery before you go messing with those wires right?
I didn't. It's just pulling wires out of the old and in with the new. The worst part is removing the plastic trim around the sub which I used a heat gun then a trim tool to remove. I didn't break any of the tabs on mine. I didn't cut the wires either as I removed them from the terminals for the additional length.

For $60, that Pioneer sub is leagues better than the garbage paper sub they put in there. You'll see once you remove it. I put the stock one in the trash where it belongs.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't. It's just pulling wires out of the old and in with the new. The worst part is removing the plastic trim around the sub which I used a heat gun then a trim tool to remove. I didn't break any of the tabs on mine. I didn't cut the wires either as I removed them from the terminals for the additional length.

For $60, that Pioneer sub is leagues better than the garbage paper sub they put in there. You'll see once you remove it. I put the stock one in the trash where it belongs.
Glad to hear you like it!
This is why I did not bother with the Elite upgrade. I put my own 10" JL Audio Sub and Kenwood Amp. way better quality and I made mine so it can be moved around in my trunk but mostly stays flat Velcro'd behind passenger side back seat. Makes it better for golf clubs and Mountain Bike usage.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Glad to hear you like it!
This is why I did not bother with the Elite upgrade. I put my own 10" JL Audio Sub and Kenwood Amp. way better quality and I made mine so it can be moved around in my trunk but mostly stays flat Velcro'd behind passenger side back seat. Makes it better for golf clubs and Mountain Bike usage.
Yeah, that's the best option you can do if you don't want to use the stock amp.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Received my Kook's green catted headers back from coating in Titanium. Almost the same color as the car.

PXL_20220812_174614408.jpg
PXL_20220812_174620432.jpg
Sponsored