Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
First night I brought my home, I pulled up the pop out rocking chair in the garage - ended up getting hammered alone just staring at her…wife came outside and just said, “what’s wrong with you?” I said, “you’ll never understand baby, just leave me in peace.”

Haha, a thing of beauty. I must admit the lines look so much better at a slight distance, you can really appreciate her when getting the full perspective vs a little window, so I like pulling her car out of the garage for full enjoyment :)

Not a GT350, but me and my best mate did the same thing the night I brought her home. Then we pulled out a note pad to make notes on everything she needed...and wanted. Still working on that list a year and a half later :like:
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Putting in the 500 miles so I can get back to the dealer for the oil consumption test. Hearing a rattle from under the body somewhere, but the car is too damn low to get under it for me to check :crackup: Also finding out that the parking brake needs the life nearly pulled out of it to be functional. I know there's a thread somewhere in this sub for that...

She's FILTHY. Needs a bath. Looking for recs on cleaning products. Kicking myself for tossing all the cleaning products I had for my Berlina Black S2000 a few years ago.
Lots of good cleaning products here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/whats-in-dfbs-cabinet.175925/

Carpro Reset is a really good pH neutral soap. Adam’s Car Shampoo is good also. I use Ethos Cleanse, which is formulated to work with their ceramic coating (which is what is on my car). But it can be used on other coatings/sealants as well.

Caustic Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1965 Sunbeam Mk-1A, Kirkham 289 FIA

Thuglike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2008 F-250
Sorry....Velgen VFC5 In GLoss Bronze with PS4's

20x11 with 305 in the front and 315 in the rear

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My 5 year old grandson came over the other day and when they were leaving he saw the Shelby in the Garage. "Grampa, is that a real race car?" I said, it sure is! He and his younger brother proceeded to get a tour and sit in the front and back, Today (Easter) he came over and said... "Grampa, can I get a ride in the race car today"
I guess it's time to get the insurance back on and get her out!
20231124_195613621_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Well not today, but, between yesterday and last weekend put on rear suspension parts waiting for not winter garage temps:

BMR CB762 rear cradle brace kit;
Steeda alignment dowel kit and subframe bushing support kit;
Ford Performance toe link bushing.

Also used for the first time ever an impact wrench. Bought a Milwaukee 18V mid torque.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Snake is out of hibernation, getting ready for the season.
Cleaning the stones out of the inner fender wells and rear diffuser.
CF wheels are as clean as they will get short of steam cleaning.
Bleeding the brakes now then I’m ready..
Grandson is 6 and he’s wondering why grandpa is taking the fast red speed car all apart.
I explained that to him and he went to share with grandma.
😂

IMG_0355.jpeg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Putting in the 500 miles so I can get back to the dealer for the oil consumption test. Hearing a rattle from under the body somewhere, but the car is too damn low to get under it for me to check :crackup: Also finding out that the parking brake needs the life nearly pulled out of it to be functional. I know there's a thread somewhere in this sub for that...

She's FILTHY. Needs a bath. Looking for recs on cleaning products. Kicking myself for tossing all the cleaning products I had for my Berlina Black S2000 a few years ago.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-book-of-detailing-updated-march-2024.178215/

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Snake is out of hibernation, getting ready for the season.
Cleaning the stones out of the inner fender wells and rear diffuser.
CF wheels are as clean as they will get short of steam cleaning.
Bleeding the brakes now then I’m ready..
Grandson is 6 and he’s wondering why grandpa is taking the fast red speed car all apart.
I explained that to him and he went to share with grandma.
😂

IMG_0355.jpeg
Hi Ray, Looks like we have grand kids in the same age range.. just posted on here what my 5yr old asked me the other day. Super pumped about that.
How bad was it removing that rear diffuser, it's on my to do list next...

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Hi Lorne, diffuser is very easy. Couple bolts upfront, I believe some push pins around back. They give you a couple hangars on the front to make one person install easier. BTW, jelly about his lift!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Lorne, diffuser is very easy. Couple bolts upfront, I believe some push pins around back. They give you a couple hangars on the front to make one person install easier. BTW, jelly about his lift!
thanks... me too! Don't even own a jack and jack stands...Looking at quick jacks in the near future. Hoping I can just park the shelby downhill in my driveway with the rear end up to get at the diffuser.

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Dude, not trying to be rude, but how n earth do you work on your car without? I finally upgraded to Quickjacks 2 years ago. I feel like I’m in a luxury suite compared to jack stands.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, not trying to be rude, but how n earth do you work on your car without? I finally upgraded to Quickjacks 2 years ago. I feel like I’m in a luxury suite compared to jack stands.
I have my own business which is a sole proprietorship, so I am a bit time poor.....I've had all of my maintenance work done at the Ford dealership which has been very little (fortunately).
I purchased an extended warranty and the Ford Maintenance plan for oil changes etc.. I have a great dealership near me with specialized service advisors and tech's that work on only on the high end cars. The dealership owns a porsche dealership, jaguar, bmw, mercedes etc.
I don't run 2 sets of wheels/tires as I only track it 2-3 times a year and the MPSS are fine for what I do on the track. Everything else I've done with the car cosmetically has not required a lift or jack stands. The wheel dollies have been great for winter storage and moving the car around to detail, clean etc..
About the only thing I could think of right now that I would need some sort of lift for is if I start swapping tires. The rear diffuser has not been cleaned out since I bought it and have done several trips to the TN mountains for Rallies, so I am expecting things to be in there.
I'm not mechanically gifted, but would like to learn more eventually as I head into retirement years....
Sponsored

Last edited: