What did you do to your GT350 today?

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
I’m not doubting that you don’t care your for cars, and I’m sure your just as OCD as myself and many more on here - however!!!! I’m just comparing the oem car cover to a nice aftermarket (cotton feel cover) they just don’t compare. The material as soon as I felt it out of the box I said no no nooo.... it reminded me of a camping tent, pretty much the same material- that’s a big NO for me- Me personally there is no way that this car cover can’t or won’t cause damage to the paint .... incorrectly using micro fiber cloths can damage your paint, so what makes you think this horrible rough material they made the car cover out of won’t damage paint?
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I’m not doubting that you don’t care your for cars, and I’m sure your just as OCD as myself and many more on here - however!!!! I’m just comparing the oem car cover to a nice aftermarket (cotton feel cover) they just don’t compare. The material as soon as I felt it out of the box I said no no nooo.... it reminded me of a camping tent, pretty much the same material- that’s a big NO for me- Me personally there is no way that this car cover can’t or won’t cause damage to the paint .... incorrectly using micro fiber cloths can damage your paint, so what makes you think this horrible rough material they made the car cover out of won’t damage paint?
I’m thinking he already answered that question.
He said he’s been using it for three years without an issue.
Maybe the covers you both are talking about, albeit Ford covers, are made differently. I don’t know, just a thought being they are three years apart.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Guys for your input.... for me I would rather have a lighter, more flexible cover that comes off easily vs a heavy cover that form fits and takes a lot of lifting to get off... I will check all of these options out and let you guys know what I decide.....

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
My first wash! Foamed her 3 times before I put a mitt to her... as a detail enthusiast and washing her for the first time, following these big ford lines/ body Lines it was love at first wash....
6181327B-B686-48A2-9692-E4882A769E3B.jpeg
Looks good man. How's the clearance from the street to your driveway. Doesn't look like much room to really go at an angle.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
yea i think im going to get medium. I got extra wide but with a size 13 foot and a mostly street car i can see me missing the brake pedal

Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Looks good man. How's the clearance from the street to your driveway. Doesn't look like much room to really go at an angle.
Lol put my 1st scrape on her backing in off the street- what’s ironic is we’re actually doing the concrete over... perks of working at a concrete plant

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Lol put my 1st scrape on her backing in off the street- what’s ironic is we’re actually doing the concrete over... perks of working at a concrete plant
Did you hit the side skirt? I did last weekend for the first time trying to take too much angle on a driveway and cut the corner

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
yea i think im going to get medium. I got extra wide but with a size 13 foot and a mostly street car i can see me missing the brake pedal
Yeah I must have small feet, I find it hard to heel toe at least on the street in most cars, but even for me I think medium will be enough, the distance to the gas pedal isn't too far to begin with, should not even need an inch to be able to keep my ball securely on the brake pedal.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Did you hit the side skirt? I did last weekend for the first time trying to take too much angle on a driveway and cut the corner
Nope just a little tiny scrape... the car won’t be seeing much action for the rest of the year/ lot going on
B59C3BBF-CE59-41F1-A771-C57BE66A29F3.jpeg
She does look good clean... orange is it for me

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Haha, I was looking at it and thinking "no way he pulled that in without scraping the splitter". I'd get some Sliplo on that thing in general.
Sponsored