Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The rear bumper to quarter fitment on the passenger side sucks. There is a rivet that looks to be preventing the clips from fully engaging. I saw it when i bought the car, dealer agreed to fix it before i committed to buy.

there are some paint issues on the car, but i'm having my detail guy level the paint, put xpel on it, then cquartz finest the whole car.

I also have them pulling data on the dreaded limp mode drama. I just need them to send it to ford. :headbonk:

My quarter panel to bumper fitment was crap too. I loosened up the bolt, leveled it out and tightened back down. It's perfect now. The paint issues I still have and working with the dealer to get it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
What issues are you having? I noticed on mine when you lift the wiper arm on the driver side, it scrapes the edge of the hood and takes the paint with it.
Mine, too.

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Applied Wheel Wax to ease future washings.
image.jpg

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
20160221_080053_zpsy7mnwijx.jpg
20160221_075649_zpsygrj70ap.jpg

Intercity dropped it off at 8am. Some idiot in a pathfinder came flying through my neighborhood right as the driver was climbing in to back it out he yelled "this one sounds better" then he hit the button.

Last edited:

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Awesome man! All my neighbors came to investigate after seeing mine dropped off:cheers:

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Awesome man! All my neighbors came to investigate after seeing mine dropped off:cheers:
:cheers:
For sure, we had a hand full out looking and a couple cars stopped or Uturned to see what was going on. Pretty damn funny!

Sponsored

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Went for a drive. Went out through Old Julian Highway to Santa Ysabel. North to Mesa Grande. Through Mesa Grande out to the Hideout.

Each time I drive this car, I am more and more impressed. Mesa Grande is a VERY tight and technical road with a lot of downhill sections. Most cars experience significant brake fade towards the end and a lot of understeer through the downhill turns while braking. The Shelby exhibited none of these symptoms and took the road like a champ. I briefly saw rear end temps touch 220f but experienced no limp mode while severely beating on the car.

I have a Spec Miata that I have run through Mesa Grande many times and while the Shelby isn't nearly as nimble, the extra 400hp makes it a lot more fun overall.

Then, I basically turned around and did it all over again on the way back. Unfortunately, on one of the straighter stretches, I got lit up by CHP. When I looked down, I was doing around 85 (in a 55). He came to my window, chatted for a minute, I directed his attention to the newness of the car to me, and then he collected my info. Came back about 2 minutes later and said, "I know that you just got the car, so I am writing you a fix it ticket for no front license plate. Learn to control the power of the beast."

Took it easy the rest of the drive home, but thankful for no blood / no foul.

06WekPp.jpg

4IxPhsz.jpg

Crappy little video clip:

https://vid.me/uQSP

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Went for a drive. Went out through Old Julian Highway to Santa Ysabel. North to Mesa Grande. Through Mesa Grande out to the Hideout.

Each time I drive this car, I am more and more impressed. Mesa Grande is a VERY tight and technical road with a lot of downhill sections. Most cars experience significant brake fade towards the end and a lot of understeer through the downhill turns while braking. The Shelby exhibited none of these symptoms and took the road like a champ. I briefly saw rear end temps touch 220f but experienced no limp mode while severely beating on the car.

I have a Spec Miata that I have run through Mesa Grande many times and while the Shelby isn't nearly as nimble, the extra 400hp makes it a lot more fun overall.

Then, I basically turned around and did it all over again on the way back. Unfortunately, on one of the straighter stretches, I got lit up by CHP. When I looked down, I was doing around 85 (in a 55). He came to my window, chatted for a minute, I directed his attention to the newness of the car to me, and then he collected my info. Came back about 2 minutes later and said, "I know that you just got the car, so I am writing you a fix it ticket for no front license plate. Learn to control the power of the beast."

Took it easy the rest of the drive home, but thankful for no blood / no foul.

06WekPp.jpg

4IxPhsz.jpg

Crappy little video clip:

https://vid.me/uQSP
Nice! I ride my Harley there from OC all the time.

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
bmailpb - that is awesome that he let you off fairly easily :)

Today, I had to wash my car while in a light rain.... This is because last night while at a friend's house, Big Bird lost it all over my car. I washed off what I could at 10pm... but when I looked today there was still some and I didnt want to take any chances with marking, especially on the stripes

I'm sure most of the neighbors thought I was crazy :D

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport