Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
GT350, oh the humanity :inlove:. You know they make them in green right? Kermi350...

1612770007324.png
Sponsored

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Were you running from the cops when you parked it?
It is a tiny 60's/70's garage so I have to have the front guard 50mm off the left wall so that I can get out. I use the hanging tennis ball technique to guide me. Works just fine.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I had an excuse this week, I promise! :giggle:

feb2191.jpg

After having had the Mustang out over the weekend, it got covered in debris dropped by the local Plane Tree population. I hate these trees with a passion!

Onto something I have been putting off, cleaning the inside of the rear window of the Mustang. The passenger side seat tilted and moved all the way forward, I then folded myself into the back seat and went to it.

The Stoner Reach & Clean Tool is invaluable for this task. As the rear screen butts right up to the rear parcel shelf trim, getting the screen completely clean is difficult with a cloth alone, the angle of the glass doesn't help matters either. The beauty of the Stoner tool is that it can be wedged right down to the base of the screen. Not getting to very base of the screen leaves a yuky white film all to obvious once the rest of the glass is squeaky clean.

feb2192.jpg

A detail session would not be complete without a little tyre dressing, probably my favorite task. I'm using these SGCB wax applicators for low profile tyres, they give great control and avoid smudging product onto the wheels. At $2.95 each or $24.95 for a 10 pack ($2.50 each) they are decent value and last quite a while in my experience.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/sgcb/products/sgcb-coating-applicator

feb2194.jpg

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I had an excuse this week, I promise! :giggle:

After having had the Mustang out over the weekend, it got covered in debris dropped by the local Plane Tree population. I hate these trees with a passion!

Onto something I have been putting off, cleaning the inside of the rear window of the Mustang. The passenger side seat tilted and moved all the way forward, I then folded myself into the back seat and went to it.

The Stoner Reach & Clean Tool is invaluable for this task. As the rear screen butts right up to the rear parcel shelf trim, getting the screen completely clean is difficult with a cloth alone, the angle of the glass doesn't help matters either. The beauty of the Stoner tool is that it can be wedged right down to the base of the screen. Not getting to very base of the screen leaves a yuky white film all to obvious once the rest of the glass is squeaky clean.

feb2192.jpg
Congratulations on cleaning the rear window!

I bought a similar reach tool, albeit not wedge shaped, when I had the FM Mustang. Fortunately the new FN came along, so I have never had to use it so far.

Anyway, I would rather have a bit of film buildup rather than attempt to clean windows and having them smudge, looking worse than when I started!

The Twister Orange FN is a keeper, so I am going to have to break the tool out of its package one day. Maybe next year...

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
You are a brave man getting into the back seat....I have had the mustang for almost five years now and have never been into the back seat...I am convinced that I would not be able to get out if I ever ventured into that little cave.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
You are a brave man getting into the back seat....I have had the mustang for almost five years now and have never been into the back seat...I am convinced that I would not be able to get out if I ever ventured into that little cave.
I have sat back there out of curiosity. Save for a lack of head room, it wasn't too bad.

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got a remote start added on the weekend. Works well and did not cost an arm and a leg.
Any chance you could pass on details of how I could go about getting remote start?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Any chance you could pass on details of how I could go about getting remote start?
Being where you are Steve makes it a bit hard. The guy I used is in Melbourne 1700klm away. He was linked to my car via PC set up by a local collaborator who had the new key fobs and could programme to suit my car via the hatch under the cup holders. Best I can do for you is say contact Stewart Brown in Melbourne direct through facebook and see how you go. https://www.facebook.com/groups/425410408201348/user/100003975064973/
Good luck.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Late Christmas present, monogrammed cloths!
281E4213-A23D-4604-A719-1FB235FC970B.jpeg