Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Good news!

My Mustang had a layer of dust on the paint and some brake dust on the wheels. That course lead to a joyful two hours of detailing! :rockon:

jan21262.jpg

jan21261.jpg

Out of the cars I maintain, the Mustang is my favorite to detail. I'm not quite sure why, but I always just seem to enjoy working on this car the most. I have had this car since March 2017 and I often can't believe it's mine.
Sponsored

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang(race red) 2019 Honda CR-V VTI AWD.
Good news!

My Mustang had a layer of dust on the paint and some brake dust on the wheels. That course lead to a joyful two hours of detailing! :rockon:
Solution:#1 Put said vehicle in garage.#2cover vehicle over.#3shut garage door.#4Never ever drive it.Problem solved!
jan21262.jpg

jan21261.jpg

Out of the cars I maintain, the Mustang is my favorite to detail. I'm not quite sure why, but I always just seem to enjoy working on this car the most. I have had this car since March 2017 and I often can't believe it's mine.

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
Hey you guys with DBA Extreme brake pads. How are you finding them. I am considering taking advantage of Supercheaps 30% off and putting some pads away for the future. The DBA catalogue rates the Extremes as having a higher initial bite compared to their Street pads. I imagine that the Streets make less dust. DBA suggest the combination of Extremes on the front and Street on the rear. I think that I want linear brake feel rather than being overly touchy. Any opinions?
Brakes are great, more initial bite but also more dust

Reactions: PKs

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
that is super nice, do you have your mustang covered in the garage??

i can see you take good care of your baby!
Not being a daily driver, the Mustang is covered in the garage for most of the week.

I drive and enjoy it when time permits meaning every drive is special.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Took my car for the first time into the windy semi regional areas,

very nice drive, the gear changes are so much fun,

I have no music on and windows down so I can hear the engine!
im 100% sure I am no way near pushing the car to its potential,
and Im feeling kinda guilty that i m wearing out my nice tires with "placid" driving

El Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
SVE S350.jpg

So after almost 6 months I finally got the wheels I ordered. I got tyres fitted to them today and said begone to the old anchors with the Pirelli P Zeros.

SVE S350 19x10 all around, fitted with the tried and true MPS4s. Also 275/40 all around.

My initial feedback is that there is a bit of improvement in initial turn-in, as well as acceleration at super low speeds is improved. Although how much of that is down to new lighter wider wheels versus tyres, I don't know!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
SVE S350.jpg

So after almost 6 months I finally got the wheels I ordered. I got tyres fitted to them today and said begone to the old anchors with the Pirelli P Zeros.

SVE S350 19x10 all around, fitted with the tried and true MPS4s. Also 275/40 all around.

My initial feedback is that there is a bit of improvement in initial turn-in, as well as acceleration at super low speeds is improved. Although how much of that is down to new lighter wider wheels versus tyres, I don't know!
Nicely chosen, would love a set of those.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@El Jay excellent choice. Can I ask how you went about getting them? I'm assuming it was from LMR using a freight forwarder, how was the experience? Any recourse to returns if there's an issue?

I'm eyeing off a set of SVE R350.

Cheers

El Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I actually purchased via MyStangMods - bit of a long story, but I was originally looking at MRR wheels first. Unfortunately I couldn't get what I wanted, but ended up with the LMRs as an alternative that they suggested.

I had plenty of delays along the way, none of it being their fault, and they kept me in the loop along the way. Suffice to say I wasn't expecting a half year wait time, and am glad that I finally have the wheels on the car now!

For any potential returns I'm not so sure, mine were fine when they arrived. But the default option was for the wheels to arrive at their facility in Melbourne first, so I guess if there was any issues or defects they could handle it from their end then.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Never liked the Bullitt for two reasons: they look annoyingly good, and I don't have one. And let's not talk of the GT350...

On the topic of bath time what are people using to manage detailing cloths and applicators when they need both at hand for use in quick succession and are also juggling a spray/squeeze bottle of product? I'm over getting halfway around the car and having the cloth slip off the shoulder I throw it over and haven't got the skills to balance an applicator or spray bottle on there yet :giggle:. Might be time for a detailing cart...bucket caddy...piercing (not)

Last edited: