Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

2GRN2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (10R80, Need for Green)
Hey everyone, long time lurker but first time posting. Have done a few bits and bobs and have a few more sitting in the garage waiting for their time to come. Most recent was swapping out the (horrible) stock automatic shifter for a Hurst goodie (via CJPP).
tempImageOd1CRr.png
tempImageCKjYmK.png
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Had these sitting in shed for a couple of months, finally got around to fitting them.
DBA wave rotors and extreme performance pads
20201214_194208.jpg
20201216_171828.jpg
Hey you guys with DBA Extreme brake pads. How are you finding them. I am considering taking advantage of Supercheaps 30% off and putting some pads away for the future. The DBA catalogue rates the Extremes as having a higher initial bite compared to their Street pads. I imagine that the Streets make less dust. DBA suggest the combination of Extremes on the front and Street on the rear. I think that I want linear brake feel rather than being overly touchy. Any opinions?

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
I have the DBS Street Performance bags on T3 rotor. The initial bite is way better than stock, but progressive with great feel. NB. Bench-marked on Ecoboost OEM.

Reactions: PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I have the DBS Street Performance bags on T3 rotor. The initial bite is way better than stock, but progressive with great feel. NB. Bench-marked on Ecoboost OEM.
Thanks Andrew. I took a leap of faith and got the Extreme for the front and Street for the rear as suggested by DBA. I didn't not want to take advantage of today's sale.
It is a long term project pending finances so I will not know for a while how they work out. Stainless lines and new DBA rotors are in my future.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Hey you guys with DBA Extreme brake pads. How are you finding them. I am considering taking advantage of Supercheaps 30% off and putting some pads away for the future. The DBA catalogue rates the Extremes as having a higher initial bite compared to their Street pads. I imagine that the Streets make less dust. DBA suggest the combination of Extremes on the front and Street on the rear. I think that I want linear brake feel rather than being overly touchy. Any opinions?
Bite is better PK, but dust is also a fair bit higher than stock.

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Bite is better PK, but dust is also a fair bit higher than stock.
Yeah, I thought that would be the case but I can always change to Street on the front if I don't like too much dust.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Stainless lines and new DBA rotors are in my future.
I got the Goodridge “G-Stop”braided lines, (To be fitted) but not sure what brake fluid I’m going to use. Lots of choices. Have you decided on what you are going to use yet?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I got the Goodridge “G-Stop”braided lines, (To be fitted) but not sure what brake fluid I’m going to use. Lots of choices. Have you decided on what you are going to use yet?
Brembo for the fluid and probably Steeda for the lines.

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Hi AJ. What I don't know is what quantity is needed to replace the existing and bleed.
I saw an answer of just over 1 ltr on a post on this site under ”Amount of fluid for complete brake line flush” so I've just ordered two. Will do another car with the rest.

Reactions: PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I saw an answer of just over 1 ltr on a post on this site under ”Amount of fluid for complete brake line flush” so I've just ordered two. Will do another car with the rest.
Sounds good. Thanks AJ. Let me know how it goes.

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang(race red) 2019 Honda CR-V VTI AWD.
Looking for recommendations in the Sydney area(possibly Nth Sydney) but anywhere else would be appreciated,for ceramic coaters(not for me) it is for another brand as well.