Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Only if you get caught :lol:
I thought as much!

It's hard to tell from the photos as to whether they are red or amber.

If they're red, I'd say that's a "come and get me" invitation.

I'm slightly concerned at having upgraded the DRL's to LED's, but my thinking is I can demonstrate the difference between fog-lights and DRL's. I however think the marker lights are a little more difficult to talk about with Plod.

The LED upgrades on the interior are awesome - so much brighter. Similarly the front turn signals and reverse lights really do finish it off nicely. What's the bet all this comes with the mid model refresh next year ;)

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
I thought as much!

I'm slightly concerned at having upgraded the DRL's to LED's, but my thinking is I can demonstrate the difference between fog-lights and DRL's. I however think the marker lights are a little more difficult to talk about with Plod.

The LED upgrades on the interior are awesome - so much brighter. Similarly the front turn signals and reverse lights really do finish it off nicely. What's the bet all this comes with the mid model refresh next year ;)
I was told that the DRL's are not illegal in Aus. Apparantly it is a couple of countries within the EU market. Don't quote me on this bit it came from a source good enough for me. And it makes sense as to why you see so many big arse DRL setups getting around on new Audi's, 4WD's, Mercs etc.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I thought as much!

But one other point, when I looked up the ADR for DRL's it states you can only have two. So on ours I will be disconnecting the lower factory DRL's which in my opinion take away from the tribars anyway.

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
They are red however they are at the rear of the vehicle so it's ok, look at the 300c, they have lights all over them!

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I was told that the DRL's are not illegal in Aus. Apparantly it is a couple of countries within the EU market. Don't quote me on this bit it came from a source good enough for me. And it makes sense as to why you see so many big arse DRL setups getting around on new Audi's, 4WD's, Mercs etc.
The reason why is that it isn't one light, rather it is three seperate beams, I also heard the same thing about the european country

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Porsche Macan (their new small SUV) uses 3 or 4 separate lights as its DRL, so can't see why 3 parallel bars would not comply.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Porsche Macan (their new small SUV) uses 3 or 4 separate lights as its DRL, so can't see why 3 parallel bars would not comply.
That's true, they have the 4 lights. Just another feature Ford took from us

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
There are multiple DRLs and Sequentials out there ADR compliant because that's how they come straight out from the factory. It won't be compliant if you're changing it afterwards.

I personally think the problem with our DRLs and Sequential indicators from Ford is that they went global for the first time and they had to deal with a lot of markets for the very first time, they didn't want to fuck it up and they had to get it out there quick, yet safe. I'm sure they could've done a lot better but you know who wins the market? Not the one who gets out there with the best idea, but the one who gets out there first. Hopefully we'll get some more love with the new 2018 facelift.

Sponsored

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
According to the ADR RULE 13/00 Instalation of the vehicle lighting it states there 2.7.25. "Daytime running lamp" means a lamp facing in a forward direction used to make the vehicle more easily visible when driving during daytime.
Our problem is that if you are standing at the side and looking at the lights you can still see the white light, where as for the rest of the manufactures its all if not mostly are forward facing white light and not visible from the side.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
According to the ADR RULE 13/00 Instalation of the vehicle lighting it states there 2.7.25. "Daytime running lamp" means a lamp facing in a forward direction used to make the vehicle more easily visible when driving during daytime.
Our problem is that if you are standing at the side and looking at the lights you can still see the white light, where as for the rest of the manufactures its all if not mostly are forward facing white light and not visible from the side.
I used to think this too. However I am totally convinced it refers to the definition of what DRL's are and the associated benefit to be achieved rather than forward viewing as a standard.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Gave it a bath.
IMG_3679.jpg

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Hey, a little off topic, but the DRLs switch off when the blinker comes on, right?
Well the DRL on the blinker side anyway. It's not just my car is it? :)

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Hey, a little off topic, but the DRLs switch off when the blinker comes on, right?
Well the DRL on the blinker side anyway. It's not just my car is it? :)
Yes they do.
Sponsored

Reactions: ssb