Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
@GT550 LOL. I was stopping to buy plonk, (Durif) and MaxQ told me about the condiments as that is what he stopped to get. I bought some to try as he was raving as much as you! We tried the Sparkling Durif, and I'd have to use your analogy to describe it, "A nector of the Gods IMHO" Maybe I'll get some next time.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
LOL there you go...I knew @MaxQ was a man of impeccable taste. FYI Woollies stocks FC Newman's in the fridge section. Beware though, it'll clear your sinuses quick smart.

Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks! I have a lot of fun with this car.

I have to confess that the caliper painter put Brembo stickers on the rears too, and I think I read somewhere that they arent Brembo, so let's keep that between ourselves, eh?

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of owning my Mustang. Within a week of owning it, I went on a pretty decent road trip from regional Victoria to the NSW south coast, taking the stunning Snowy Mountains Hwy. I mention this because since that trip, the car has not really gone any further than the outskirts of my town. I blame work, surgery, Covid and a general hatred of traveling for this.

So with a belated birthday gathering planned, we were meeting at the family holiday cabin before taking the boat up the river to a winery for lunch.

DSC-0293.jpg

DSC-0291.jpg

And yes, the sight of that picture makes me wince, the poor girl was going to be parked on sand and grass for a few hours! :crackup:

The weather was absolute perfection, not hot or cold, sunny and the smell of autumn in the air. I not one for sitting on a boat, I can't help but feeling like there are more productive things to do, but I will admit it was quite pleasant.

IMG-1449.jpg

The Mustang sipped 8.3L/100 on the way down, and 9.5 on the way home with some more enthusiastic pedaling. :wink:

One of the special things about the Mustang is that long, long bonnet. With an open highway, looking down the bonnet into the distance is one of my favorite things about the car.

IMG-1450.jpg

I sometimes can't believe that this is my car. :)

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
Tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of owning my Mustang. Within a week of owning it, I went on a pretty decent road trip from regional Victoria to the NSW south coast, taking the stunning Snowy Mountains Hwy. I mention this because since that trip, the car has not really gone any further than the outskirts of my town. I blame work, surgery, Covid and a general hatred of traveling for this.

So with a belated birthday gathering planned, we were meeting at the family holiday cabin before taking the boat up the river to a winery for lunch.

DSC-0293.jpg

DSC-0291.jpg

And yes, the sight of that picture makes me wince, the poor girl was going to be parked on sand and grass for a few hours! :crackup:

The weather was absolute perfection, not hot or cold, sunny and the smell of autumn in the air. I not one for sitting on a boat, I can't help but feeling like there are more productive things to do, but I will admit it was quite pleasant.

IMG-1449.jpg

The Mustang sipped 8.3L/100 on the way down, and 9.5 on the way home with some more enthusiastic pedaling. :wink:

One of the special things about the Mustang is that long, long bonnet. With an open highway, looking down the bonnet into the distance is one of my favorite things about the car.

IMG-1450.jpg

I sometimes can't believe that this is my car. :)
Happy Birthday to your beautiful Mustang. I wish I still had my 50th Anniversary GT, and more importantly, I wish I drove it much much more. To many more years!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
You know how it works, I drive it then I wash it!

The wheels as always let the side down, most of this crud is from the rust that forms on the rotors. I decided to use some NV Purge today, there was not a lot of reaction from the wheels, which is a sign the ceramic coating is doing its job, the rotors though turned red instantly.

IMG-1468.jpg

IMG-1463.jpg

IMG-1474.jpg

This week I used the delightful Koch Chemie GSF in the foam cannon.

IMG-1476.jpg

In addition to my usual process, I try to do a couple of extra little things after each wash. Today I dressed the leather with NV Nourish and wanted to try NV Nova Jet as a topper to the ceramic coating on the wheels.

IMG-1478.jpg

The Nova Jet added some added depth to the matte finish.

IMG-1480.jpg

I have no idea how long I spent on the Mustang today, an indication of a good time had.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
The Koch Chemie GSF seems to be sheeting rather than beading :inspect: is this due to the topper from the last wash (yesterday or the day before :giggle:) ?

Also it doesn't appear to be producing crazy foam or hanging much, is this possibly due to shampoo used in a cannon vs a dedicated foam product? I use Meguiars shampoo in the cannon - advertised as 'cannon suitable' - and it foams nicely but that could be due to them adding a foaming agent so folks don't get disappointed and they get to take some of the 'foam' market share. I guess the dedicated foam cannon stuff is just shampoo with a foaming agent and the surface tension of the bubbles is what causes the foam to hang?

If not, what sorcery is this...?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The Koch Chemie GSF seems to be sheeting rather than beading :inspect: is this due to the topper from the last wash (yesterday or the day before :giggle:) ?

Also it doesn't appear to be producing crazy foam or hanging much, is this possibly due to shampoo used in a cannon vs a dedicated foam product? I use Meguiars shampoo in the cannon - advertised as 'cannon suitable' - and it foams nicely but that could be due to them adding a foaming agent so folks don't get disappointed and they get to take some of the 'foam' market share. I guess the dedicated foam cannon stuff is just shampoo with a foaming agent and the surface tension of the bubbles is what causes the foam to hang?

If not, what sorcery is this...?
Ok, a bit to unpack here so bare with me.

The pic I posted today was after I had completed the contact wash, just before a final rinse.

Koch Chemie GSF is a very good product. I love how it pours easily, the level of foam, the slickness and most importantly, the cherry scent is absolutely divine. I add about 150ml into my MTM PF22.2 foam cannon. I also add a slug onto the wash pad/mitt.

IMG_8206.jpg

IMG-1381.jpg

GSF foams very thickly, but does seem to thin down after a few minutes on the paint.

IMG-1391.jpg

dec315.jpg

IMG-1907.jpg

You can see in this pic of it thinning after a dwell period.

IMG-1401.jpg

I also find it to be an excellent bin cleaner too! :wink:

IMG-1415.jpg

In terms of which products are best for foaming, this is quite variable. For example, P&S Pearl is said to be excellent for foaming but I find it to be very thin and underwhelming. On the other side of the coin, CarPro Reset is generally not sold as a foaming product but it is actually extremely good when applied through a foam cannon.

The Meguiars shampoo you reference I'm assuming is Gold Class?

megsgc100.jpg

Gold Class is a very good product, rich and thick foaming, both in a bucket and from a cannon. I find the consistency of Gold Class to be thick and gloopy, which makes it harder to pour into a foam cannon. For that reason I stopped using it, which is where NV Snow, GSF and Reset better it.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Excellent info sir. I knew sorcery (minor) of some description was involved.

The pic I posted today was after I had completed the contact wash, just before a final rinse.
So, assuming some of the previous sealant/detailer was still present (?) I'm still intrigued as to why there's no beading.

Gold Class is a very good product, rich and thick foaming, both in a bucket and from a cannon. I find the consistency of Gold Class to be thick and gloopy, which makes it harder to pour into a foam cannon. For that reason I stopped using it, which is where NV Snow, GSF and Reset better it.
Yes I'm very happy with it and IIRC it's also a fave of Sandro's. Have you tried Bowden's Snow Job and if so would you care to share your thoughts? It's gloopy pita too...

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Excellent info sir. I knew sorcery (minor) of some description was involved.

So, assuming some of the previous sealant/detailer was still present (?) I'm still intrigued as to why there's no beading.

Yes I'm very happy with it and IIRC it's also a fave of Sandro's. Have you tried Bowden's Snow Job and if so would you care to share your thoughts? It's gloopy pita too...
The car still beads, so the wax/sealant is still present. When there is soap on the surface, it seems to alter the surface tension of the paint, preventing the soap and water from beading. Once the soap is thoroughly rinsed, the beading returns.

As for Snow Job, I stopped using it many years ago now. I found that while it foamed well, it just didn't have the same level of lubrication or cleaning ability I was looking for. NV Snow replaced it for me.

DSC-0075.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Ah gotcha. I've also found Snow Job a bit underwhelming from a cleaning perspective so will give NV Snow a go.

Do you have a preferred supplier? The price seems to vary hugely (eg ebay vs a detailing outlet) and I'd hate to buy something that isn't what it says it is.

Thanks! :like:
Sponsored