Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
well this isnt quite what I did to it, but my missus had her first drive of the car today. Pretty impressive actually, first time driving a manual in nearly 20 years, no bunny hopping and after 10 minutes the foot was going down pretty firmly to get that v8 throb and she was looking for somewhere to give it a belting.

She was very impressed as she had been nervy about it and probably not expecting it to be as engaging as it is. Her daily is a 2020 Jag XE which is a fantastic sports saloon and quite frankly probably the best car I've driven for its combination of luxury and handling (it'd be fantastic with a little v8 in it, maybe a 3.5 or 4 litre), I think for her to be talking up the mustang shows how nicely they drive.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
well this isnt quite what I did to it, but my missus had her first drive of the car today. Pretty impressive actually, first time driving a manual in nearly 20 years, no bunny hopping and after 10 minutes the foot was going down pretty firmly to get that v8 throb and she was looking for somewhere to give it a belting.

She was very impressed as she had been nervy about it and probably not expecting it to be as engaging as it is. Her daily is a 2020 Jag XE which is a fantastic sports saloon and quite frankly probably the best car I've driven for its combination of luxury and handling (it'd be fantastic with a little v8 in it, maybe a 3.5 or 4 litre), I think for her to be talking up the mustang shows how nicely they drive.
Bugger the little V8, go all in with the glorious supercharged 5.0!

jagxerc102.jpg

I know what you mean though, the XE is very, very underrated. I would love a little of the XE's steering procession in the Mustang.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
oooh yeah that'd be sweet, but actually I drove a s80 probably 10 years ago with a yamaha 4 litre v8 in it, I absolutely loved it, sounded fantastic and plenty of grunt. Something light like that would suit the XE. Personally I think the 5 litres in the Jags with the AWD are a bit heavy at the front, you really feel it in the tight roundabouts (or hairpins on the track)and that is where the XE is excelling.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
oooh yeah that'd be sweet, but actually I drove a s80 probably 10 years ago with a yamaha 4 litre v8 in it, I absolutely loved it, sounded fantastic and plenty of grunt. Something light like that would suit the XE. Personally I think the 5 litres in the Jags with the AWD are a bit heavy at the front, you really feel it in the tight roundabouts (or hairpins on the track)and that is where the XE is excelling.
Those V8 Volvo's were not big sellers here, let alone the S80. I kinda, sorta liked them.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah the turning circle was a bit rude and an FWD bias with the AWD didnt make it much of a driver's car. But gorgeous interior (the leather was second to none), nice torquey power delivery, and fantastic sound (from both the infotainment and the engine) made it worth a look. I also drove the XC90 with that engine but I wasnt wowed by it, the transmission was a bit laggy. Might have just been the one I drove.

i had an s60R back then, in a manual as well. For its time it was a beast of a car, but the nearly 14m turning circle (transverse 5 pot high pressure turbo - which I think later found its way into the focus RS - contributed) made it a PITA to live with. I dont think I ever managed to execute a U turn in that car

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Not even the rain could stop me from escaping the world and indulging in some distractive detailing this afternoon.

Firstly, I could not stand it any longer, the rear screen of the Mustang just HAD to be cleaned. There are some tasks that even I detest. The interior of the rear screen is a pig to clean so I tend to do it once it really needs to be done. But first, I had to fold myself into the back seat..............

IMG-1154.jpg

The foggy haze meant that I needed the sledge hammer today..........
Angelwax Vision Glass Cleaner - 500ml – The Detail Store
P&S True Vue Glass Cleaner - 473ml/3.8L/3.8L+Spray Bottle & Trigger – The Detail Store

IMG-1158.jpg

Angelwax Vision is a nasty smelling chemical that is very good at clearing grotty screens. I actually had to do it a few times, and then followed up with True Vue and a separate set of towels to avoid re-introducing the grime back onto the glass. Glass must always be cleaned when cool to touch, otherwise you are wasting your time. Vision is a product that I don't use often, only when needed, it's strong and I would be careful using it on tint.

I also hate doing this job in summer, being squashed in the back seat and scrubbing away at the glass in an awkward position always has me in a sweat.

Onto the wash, CarPro Reset was the choice today......
CarPro Reset Shampoo – Waxit Car Care

IMG-1166.jpg

I also attended to the exhaust tips today with P21S Polishing soap, followed by a spritz of Wet Coat.
Get P21S Metal Polishing Soap Online | Waxit – Waxit Car Care
Gyeon Q2M Wetcoat - 500mL/4L – The Detail Store

IMG-1159.jpg

IMG-1162.jpg

After polishing and a wipe over with some NV Boost.........
Get Nv BOOST | Nova QD | Online | Waxit – Waxit Car Care

IMG-1175.jpg

IMG-1177.jpg

Today's drying aid was P&S Dream Maker..........
P&S Dream Maker Gloss Amplifier - 473ml – The Detail Store

IMG-1169.jpg

The Mustang is the car I love to detail the most. It rained basically all day, and only stopped once I packed up and finished, the way of the world. :wink:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Nice one @DFB5.0 I too hate cleaning the rear windows, can you remind me where you got the window cleaning reaching yellow stick thing (technical description there) Cheers 🍻

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Nice one @DFB5.0 I too hate cleaning the rear windows, can you remind me where you got the window cleaning reaching yellow stick thing (technical description there) Cheers 🍻
I think from memory I got mine from Autobarn.

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Didn't have time to wash the car......driving it tooo much clocked 100k tho
1646178553956.png

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Didn't have time to wash the car......driving it tooo much clocked 100k tho
Hmmm driving car = not washing car?

:idea:

So...since new @DFB5.0 and his car have actually clocked 20 ie two zero km? All those awesome pics of the car out and about are photoshopped? :crying::giggle:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The yellow stick thing is called the Invisible Glass Reach and Clean Tool, available in many places.

Stoner Car Care Invisible Glass Reach and Clean Tool (detailingshed.com.au)
Invisible Glass Clean & Reach Tool - 95160 - Glass & Windscreen | Repco Australia
Invisible Glass Clean & Reach Tool | Supercheap Auto

sep158.jpg

The best glass cleaners are Invisible Glass, P&S True Vue and Gyeon Q2M Glass Cleaner, in that order.

Invisible Glass Glass Cleaner - 935mL | Supercheap Auto
P&S True Vue Glass Cleaner Tint Safe Professional (detailingshed.com.au)
Gyeon Q²M Glass Cleaner 500ml - 116032 - Glass & Windscreen | Repco Australia

With glass cleaners, make sure they are alcohol based to avoid potential damage of interior plastics from ammonia. The Angelwax Vision I displayed earlier does contain some ammonia, hence my word of caution. Vision is supposed to safe for tint but I still pick my mark with it.

I also recently got this CarPro Glass Mitt which I have found quite good for windscreens as well. The shape of it allows access right down into the very base of the screen.

Car Pro GlassMitt – Waxit Car Care

IMG_0750.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I'm envious!

Expanded the first photo to try and pick up the location and what did I see?

NEWMAN's HORSERADISH.

I go back home to Adelaide regularly and get as many jars as I think I'll need until the next visit. Once you've had FC Newman's nothing else cuts it. A condiment of the Gods IMHO :like:

1647754366061.png
Sponsored