Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Just wondering where you got the Shockworks Coilovers done? Did the dealer supply and fit for you?

Cheers!
Sinclair Ford are doing them now, Hammo has them on the new blue beast they are setting up. Didn't find out how much yet but I think it is a mod for down the track.
Sponsored

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016
Can anyone recommend a good auto electrician in Sydney for a dash cam install?

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes you are right. But I can get it done from here now almost same price. And yes you need to send your Steering wheel but not to USA.
Oh wicked! so you have found a local supplier that can build them here for you. That's awesome!

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016

Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
A good day for Mustang purchases - ordered my Gnome spare, trunk mat and inside mats and received the boot closing strap.

Oh, and this arrived, Street catback:

fullsizeoutput_2ee2.jpg

Big thanks to Steve at [MENTION=10136]RDP Store[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13048]MagnaFlow[/MENTION].
You will love the street mate! I'm so happy with mine. Perfect sound. How it should have come at delivery. Not too loud but finally gives it the proper growl and rumble.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Just wondering where you got the Shockworks Coilovers done? Did the dealer supply and fit for you?

Cheers!
Hi,

Mustang Motorworks recommended Autotech in Canberra, so I took a drive down there and had them do everything, Shockworks Coilovers, Steda CAI, tune and axlebacks etc. They couldn't have been better, even gave me a free loan car to do some things in Canberra for the day.

Contact Ed at Autotech and get a price, they are a bunch of pros, after fitting they have experts do camber adjustment as the car was lowered 1 inch, and a wheel alignment.

I later spoke to the owner of Shockworks who is happy to discuss his products in detail. The 12 settings are easy to adjust and he made some settings suggestions to me, which I followed and the car is even more grippy now, certainly no more unintended wheel spins or slides, only if I mean to! the difference in handling steering, grip and comfort is chalk and cheese. Can't believe that you can get a WAY better handling car and have it more comfortable.

Cheers,

Phil

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Shockworks are great coilovers, probably one of the best. Its just a shame that Mustang Motorsport overcharge for them. They should be priced closer to 2,000 to be more competitive, but they are a quality part

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shockworks are great coilovers, probably one of the best. Its just a shame that Mustang Motorsport overcharge for them. They should be priced closer to 2,000 to be more competitive, but they are a quality part
Yes, all my research pointed to them being among if not the best available. I didn't think $2,800 was too expensive for a quality product with years of R&D behind it made with the highest quality components. They are the standard shocks used in the Korean V8Supercar category, so I figure that's a fairly demanding testing ground.
In fact with the way it has transformed the cars handling I thought they were a bargain.
Just depends how much value you place on that.
I had also come from a couple of spectacularly good handling cars and was prepared to pay whatever it took to make it a better handling car, if I couldn't do that I would have sold it.

regards,

Phil

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Yes, all my research pointed to them being among if not the best available. I didn't think $2,800 was too expensive for a quality product with years of R&D behind it made with the highest quality components. They are the standard shocks used in the Korean V8Supercar category, so I figure that's a fairly demanding testing ground.
In fact with the way it has transformed the cars handling I thought they were a bargain.
Just depends how much value you place on that.
I had also come from a couple of spectacularly good handling cars and was prepared to pay whatever it took to make it a better handling car, if I couldn't do that I would have sold it.

regards,

Phil
They definitely have the pedigree, just options for other cars were priced more competitively around the $2000 mark

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh interesting, maybe they knew how desperate some new Mustang GT owners would be to improve things!!

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Oh interesting, maybe they knew how desperate some new Mustang GT owners would be to improve things!!
The real story is that Craig got in touch earlier with Shockworks and organised exclusive distribution rights, bit of a bummer.

Great quality though, I have seen them on a car that crashed and they didn't even split, they just bent.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The real story is that Craig got in touch earlier with Shockworks and organised exclusive distribution rights, bit of a bummer.

Great quality though, I have seen them on a car that crashed and they didn't even split, they just bent.
Sounds like that may have been his Mustang Motorworks targa race car that launched itself into a field at a ridiculous rate of knots, If so I'm really surprised that they only bent!

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have acquired the Australian Spec white LED DRL front tribars, which turn into sequential yellow indicators (turn signal). At last!!
The Au spec ones are now in stock at CJ PonyParts USD156 + postage. So A$225.

Will have them fitted over the next week or so.

Edit, I wont be fitting these now. An expert has confirmed that you need to open the front headlight unit. He says they will eventually let in condensation and or leak as it is simply impossible in his experience to reseal them to factory standards. So I'm not prepared to take the risk
Anyone want a set so they can try... going cheap at A$150

Last edited:

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Headers / Intake/ tune today!

Pretty happy with the result in all aspects so far!

I went with Hurricane headers to cats, mid mufflers (hot dogs) to my original FRPP -Sport catback (still xpipe too), very pleased with the sound so far! It is different than just the catback as expected, but in my opinion sounds great!
IMG_3202.jpg
IMG_3215.jpg
IMG_3218.jpg
Sponsored