Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Headers / Intake/ tune today!

Pretty happy with the result in all aspects so far!

I went with Hurricane headers to cats, mid mufflers (hot dogs) to my original FRPP -Sport catback (still xpipe too), very pleased with the sound so far! It is different than just the catback as expected, but in my opinion sounds great!
Nice, So I understand that fitting new headers to the Aust Spec Mustangs is a giant PITA, how did you find it? What sort of gains in kilowatts have you experienced?
Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Oh interesting, maybe they knew how desperate some new Mustang GT owners would be to improve things!!
Hi Phil,

Thanks for your feedback re the Shockworks. I've heard consistently good reports on them.

I'll get a price from Sinclair Ford (I bought my car from Hammo there and knew they were doing them).

I've heard north of $3K so the $2.8K must account for that as Hammo normally pretty reasonable on labour.

Cheers

Jim

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nice, So I understand that fitting new headers to the Aust Spec Mustangs is a giant PITA, how did you find it? What sort of gains in kilowatts have you experienced?
I had mine installed for me at Liverpool Exhaust, it is a process, but they have it down pretty well, it does take time and the auto is more difficult than the manual to do.

So for me .... it was very easy :lol:

As far as power gains go, i wont be putting it on a dyno until i have done some datalogging. Feels much better already though!

Last edited:

marto.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty/Marto
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
Got my Borla S-Type Catback fitted today. FINALLY doesn't sound like a Prius anymore.

It is pretty freakin loud right now. Loving the sound.

Sponsored

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto

Clay5871

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the way
Fitted MGW X-spec shifter today. Took about five hours all up, not too hard a job just damn awkward. Very limited access.:first:
I've been tossing up on the MGW for my pony when it arrives but as the demo I drove seemed ok to me I have put it off until mine arrives to check it out.
What was your experience with the stock shifter and the change with the MGW?

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
I've been tossing up on the MGW for my pony when it arrives but as the demo I drove seemed ok to me I have put it off until mine arrives to check it out.
What was your experience with the stock shifter and the change with the MGW?[/quote]

For me I found the stock shifter to be very rubbery, not very precise. The shifter in my old BA XR8 was a lot better. The difference between stock and MGW Is like chalk and cheese. The shifts are so short and precise, always finds the gate.
If you decide to get a shifter just follow MGW's install video and have the correct tools as listed by them. Here is a pic of stock shifter with MGW in the background
photo.JPG

Last edited:

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Got my Borla S-Type Catback fitted today. FINALLY doesn't sound like a Prius anymore.

It is pretty freakin loud right now. Loving the sound.
I'm finding mine a bit flatulent sounding nowadays...
Considering a change again :/

Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Installed some more red trim

Installed some more red trim - hand brake gear shift and door cards to go.
cardash4.jpg
cardash3.jpg

DESI5.0

DESI MUSTANG 5OHHH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM PP
G'day fellas and before I start happy new year to you all, god bless each and everyone of you. As you guys might know that my dads car got keyed while parked outside of a shopping centre for the first time. Now she is all good new fenders and door because the twat also caused dents aswell. The spacers are going good so far but we'll be getting wheels hopefully end of this year or next year.
3D27EBA3-6D04-486A-9069-F5D6C9AE39F3.jpg

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
G'day fellas and before I start happy new year to you all, god bless each and everyone of you. As you guys might know that my dads car got keyed while parked outside of a shopping centre for the first time. Now she is all good new fenders and door because the twat also caused dents aswell. The spacers are going good so far but we'll be getting wheels hopefully end of this year or next year.
You have my sympathy - mine got keyed as well. They are so pathetic I can't even get angry.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Spacers are illegal in all states in Australia.

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed

G'day Yuvi, long time no see. No American flag in your latest photo?

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59778

14590264_10210893323758967_3404043171217055267_n%20(2).jpg
Sponsored