Sponsored

What color Signature Wheels?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Funny, I was just looking at these trying to decide what ceramic to use on matte black Signature SV701s. Appreciate any insights.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Cab: I have two Rupes polishers..a Bigfoot and a pneumatic 3-inch but I didn't KNOW they make a little RECHARGEABLE! Now I'm salivating...what a perfect polishing tool for wheels.

As for ceramic, I'm by NO means any more than moderately knowledgeable but while I do think there's a quality result difference in polishing compounds, (and polishers/pads,) I don't think the same is true of ceramic. Lord knows though, I've been wrong more than I've been correct. :-)

Finally, you should do advertising graphics, dude...those two were great. :-) (and where did you get that cool tire holding base?)

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Cab: I have two Rupes polishers..a Bigfoot and a pneumatic 3-inch but I didn't KNOW they make a little RECHARGEABLE! Now I'm salivating...what a perfect polishing tool for wheels.

As for ceramic, I'm by NO means any more than moderately knowledgeable but while I do think there's a quality result difference in polishing compounds, (and polishers/pads,) I don't think the same is true of ceramic. Lord knows though, I've been wrong more than I've been correct. :-)

Finally, you should do advertising graphics, dude...those two were great. :-) (and where did you get that cool tire holding base?)
From the reading I've been doing, I'm starting to come to the same conclusion about ceramic.

Definitely no advertising talent. Just pasted what I found interesting... :)

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Cab: I'm nothing more than a waxer with a LITTLE polishing knowledge. <grin> Lord knows, I've burned through more times than I want to remember but thank God for good body shops. <laughing>

Here's a valuable tip though...

As you may know, paint depth/thickness varies from primer to base coat to clear coat and you obviously never want to get through the clear, let alone the base coat. Can't remember which one I got but a "paint depth" gauge is pretty much essential. These are examples of what I'm talking about. So you measure, polish a little, measure again, and in short order, you'll get a feel for how much you're removing. That will tell you how far you can push the shine.

Another device that is essential IMHO is a good "swirl light" and I can't remember where I got mine now but it is similar to this one although I'm pretty sure I didn't spend that much. These little LED lights are amazing because they bring out details you simply can't see in any other light.

A Golden Rule that I've tried to live by is ALWAYS begin with a conservative effort. That means a fine or medium pad, (depending on clear coat thickness,) and fine or medium grit polish. Patience is the key as are the motions you use.

Lastly, one of my favorite products is Sonax Final Finish. I've learned from another member why I like it so much...it has "diminishing" grit, i.e., it starts out aggressively and finishes with a fine polish. Highly recommended with a fine or extra fine pad.

Hope at least some of those words are helpful, Cab. :-)

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
A few years back, I wanted to go crazy and change my wheels on the cheep. Plasti-Dip and a few weeks later WD-40 to go back. Fun project even if it was not a great outcome.
BTW, the Camaro was Lemon Law'd back to Chebby:devil:
20141105_145712.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Special delivery for the GT500. Damn these wheels are going to look perfect. Thanks T, they look killer and I can't wait to see them in person.
IMG_3822.jpg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome wheels buddy! I also went black on mine, but with polished lip (SV302S). Looking forward to seeing you mounted and installed :thumbsup:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I was told if you ceramic coat the barrels (inside) it makes it hard for the stick on wheel weights to stay on...

Just an FYI

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I was told if you ceramic coat the barrels (inside) it makes it hard for the stick on wheel weights to stay on...

Just an FYI
This is true get them balanced first. Ceramic is the real deal. I am not convinced on the 5-9 year claims yet, but i have car that is going on 2 years now and still beads up like day 1. I am close friends with Gtechniq dealer/installer which many believe is the best.
Sponsored