Sponsored

What Car Wash Wax Products are you using I like the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, I really don't understand this internet craze of washing your car with a power-washer. Those things can strip the paint right off your vehicle.
Most are just lower pressure electric pressure washers. The main benefit is using a foam cannon. I've done it quite a bit. Using good soap and a foam cannon, and using a 25 degree nozzle when rinsing you can do a real no touch wash with minimal effort and it's REALLY fast to do.

The Meguiars stuff is the real deal. A friend turned me on to it. It pretty much sells out around here - but Walmart started carrying it. The first time you apply it is a bit more work. After that, wash car, rinse off, spray the Meguiars on, rinse it off and dry. I'm pretty impressed with it, especially for the effort.
Sponsored

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
I use Collinite 845 as the base wax, then Meguiars Synthetic Spray wax in the gallon jug for maintenance. I have tried the hybrid ceramic wax, but I didn't apply it correctly and it streaked pretty bad. I will give that another shot soon using the proper technique, because a lot of people swear by it. As far as washing, I like to add a bit of Wolfgang Uber to the soap (just using Mother's gold class wash now), and I soak microfiber towels in the clean bucket, use one per panel flipping it, then throw those in the dirty bucket, so no dirt enters the clean bucket. I have it down to an hour now.
2019resized.jpg
20190625_191128.jpg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....The first time you apply it is a bit more work. After that, wash car, rinse off, spray the Meguiars on, rinse it off and dry.....
It has to be re-applied every time the car is washed????

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I use a 3500psi 4.0gpm gas powered Aquastripper. But I do use a little common sense and not run it much above idle and dont use certain tips.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Paint Protection Film (PPF). I did the front clip on my GT/CS and it has already saved me from quite a few chips.
I've contemplated going this route. My hood does not look good, worse when cleaned.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I was using Meguiars. Just am about to take delivery of my Mustang GT with XPEL Fusion and Ultimate installed.
Something tells me I will have to change my washing product...

CanadaCalvin88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have tried the hybrid ceramic wax, and it does a pretty good job, but also gave the turtle wax seal-n-shine a try. The turtle wax is my new favorite! It does a great job beading water and seems to protect for a long time after multiple washes.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Since I had my 19’ coated with Gyeon DuraFlex I’ve been using their maintenance products. Best I have ever used. That said I used Chadwick’s Triple Play on my 15’ EB after it was recommended by a buddy with a C6. Traded it in with 51k. Not too shabby.
FDC59DCE-FE78-44D8-B5D7-80C5816FF692.jpeg

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You can use most of the products out there should be no issues. Unless it is specifically mentioned not be used with PPF.

However you cannot polish the PPF, most swirls from washing will self heal though.

Also be careful with the pressure washer near the edges.

I was using Meguiars. Just am about to take delivery of my Mustang GT with XPEL Fusion and Ultimate installed.
Something tells me I will have to change my washing product...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
You can use most of the products out there should be no issues. Unless it is specifically mentioned not be used with PPF.

However you cannot polish the PPF, most swirls from washing will self heal though.

Also be careful with the pressure washer near the edges.
You might want to consider using Xpel products. Considering what you paying for their PPF & ceramic I think you can trust the quality of their maintenance products.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
I normally swap between; Mothers, Maguiars, And Garrot.....depending on the color of my car at the time, now with a white car I’m at a loss as what I should use, lol!

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have and many others are using other than Xpels stuff and no issues.

The car is my DD and it still looks like new with maintained properties.

I have coated the car with Carpro's Cquartz UK 3.0 and used several different top coatings. Also used different degreasers, pre-washes, shampoos etc

You might want to consider using Xpel products. Considering what you paying for their PPF & ceramic I think you can trust the quality of their maintenance products.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I normally swap between; Mothers, Maguiars, And Garrot.....depending on the color of my car at the time, now with a white car I’m at a loss as what I should use, lol!
I hear you. After coming from Ruby Red where the shine was miles deep, white just doesn't give you that kind of pop. At least Oxford White doesn't. I'm happy with my coated car and the shine is great but.......
Honestly use what you like best. In todays market they are all good.
Sponsored