Goosey23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey Guys,

What pads are you guys running on your performance pack mustangs? Car saw 3 auto crosses this year and a track day.
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Are you having problems with the stock pads? I just finished an upgrade to the PP Brembo's with Z26 pads and will reserve final judgement for a few months, but I may end up swapping in the stock PP pads for more bite.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
For that duty, stock pads (Ferodo Ds2500). They're very hard to beat unless you're doing more track work, and need a higher temp pad.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
For that duty, stock pads (Ferodo Ds2500). They're very hard to beat unless you're doing more track work, and need a higher temp pad.
Is it safe to assume that the GT PP brakes come with a different compound pad than the base GT brakes?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is it safe to assume that the GT PP brakes come with a different compound pad than the base GT brakes?
Oh yes very much so. I don't know what the base ones are, but they're a fairly low operating temp, low dust, low noise pad with OK friction coefficient. The DS2500 is one of the best dual use (street & mild track) pads you can buy.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
Oh yes very much so. I don't know what the base ones are, but they're a fairly low operating temp, low dust, low noise pad with OK friction coefficient. The DS2500 is one of the best dual use (street & mild track) pads you can buy.
Excellent. The base GT pads only lasted about 5 laps at Road America. I was hoping the GT PP pads were better. Probably heading to Autobahn on 9/17, was hoping to just run these pads with some Motul 660.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent. The base GT pads only lasted about 5 laps at Road America. I was hoping the GT PP pads were better. Probably heading to Autobahn on 9/17, was hoping to just run these pads with some Motul 660.
You should be fine. Autobahn isn't particularly difficult on brakes and you won't be hauling down as much mass, nor at as high of a speed as a GT PP. Even at Road America they'll be fine on street tires, especially so with some brake cooling.
Sponsored