Sponsored

What Boost numbers are the VTT Stage 2+ turbos making?

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Just wondering what boost numbers people are generating?
Sponsored

Banjo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP manual
Are you looking for PSI? Since it's a bigger turbo more air is being moved with less PSI compared to the stock turbo so it's not going to be a linear change.

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Yep, simple Boost readings

VTT said it's good for up to 40, just want to know what people are running at.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Here is a customers Stage 2 TS log. 40 psi down low, and holding 36 psi at redline no problem...:)

The Nguage read in InHg so you have to convert that to PSI.
Mark Stage 2 40 psi.jpg
Mark Stage 2 35 psi.jpg

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Here is a customers Stage 2 TS log. 40 psi down low, and holding 36 psi at redline no problem...:)

The Nguage read in InHg so you have to convert that to PSI.
Any idea how many lbs/min its flowing at these boost levels?

Sponsored

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Boost level is different than flow. They are two completely different things. Boost is simply the reading of restriction air NOT getting into the motor. If you improved flow of the motor you would continue to make more power at lower boost until the turbo could no longer flow. These turbos are rated for about 600hp at the crank flow wise. This does NOT take into account engine efficiency.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm more concerned with how many lbs/min a turbo is flowing than how much boost someone is running. I understand engine efficiency is a factor.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Well since this thread a was direct question about boost pressure, it was filled with a log showing boost pressure. If the person would have asked about lb/min flow which are two completely different things, we would have responded with that. Stage 2 is good for about 55-57 Lb/min, 2+ about 60-62 Lb/Min

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Thanks for the info Tony!!!

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Well since this thread a was direct question about boost pressure, it was filled with a log showing boost pressure. If the person would have asked about lb/min flow which are two completely different things, we would have responded with that. Stage 2 is good for about 55-57 Lb/min, 2+ about 60-62 Lb/Min
Understood. But what value does this provide honestly? For example, your turbo at 25psi is going to make more power than the stock turbo at 25psi because it flows more. lbs/min is a much more valuable unit of measure.

Last edited:

Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Understood. But what value does this provide honestly? For example, your turbo at 25psi is going to make more power than the stock turbo at 25psi because it flows more. lbs/min is a much more valuable unit of measure.
Agreed, also on the flip side it makes more power at a lower PSI which makes it more efficient and possibly working less to do it.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Pretty sure that is exactly what I said above. What good is answering somones question? As far as that, you will have to ask them if the answer was satisfactory. It would seem you like to argue. Feel free to do it elsewhere.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Pretty sure that is exactly what I said above. What good is answering somones question? As far as that, you will have to ask them if the answer was satisfactory. It would seem you like to argue. Feel free to do it elsewhere.
This is a forum for people to learn. It seems by the OPs original question that there is a lack of complete understanding in regards to how turbo systems work. Asking how much boost people are running doesn't provide much information at all. You answered the original question that doesn't provide much value and then I responded by asking a more informative question about airflow numbers. Not sure what was wrong with that? If anything, I prompted an opportunity for you guys to showcase what your turbo can do. Instead, you came off as defensive...

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
This is a forum for people to learn. It seems by the OPs original question that there is a lack of complete understanding in regards to how turbo systems work. Asking how much boost people are running doesn't provide much information at all. You answered the original question that doesn't provide much value and then I responded by asking a more informative question about airflow numbers. Not sure what was wrong with that?
Yes, this is why I originally posted this " Boost level is different than flow. They are two completely different things. Boost is simply the reading of restriction air NOT getting into the motor. If you improved flow of the motor you would continue to make more power at lower boost until the turbo could no longer flow. These turbos are rated for about 600hp at the crank flow wise. This does NOT take into account engine efficiency. "

OP if you have any futther questions, feel free to drop us an email.

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Actually there is NOT a lack of understanding about turbos! I am wholly asking people that are USING the VTT Stage 2+ turbos what kind of boost numbers they are running!!! High and low psi are implied.... If you aren't running one then I don't need your input...Nuff said! And asking people how much boost they are running does answer the question, cause you will only have a few different parameters between the stock and built motors on this platform. High low stock motor-High low built motor- 4 values...
I'm not comparing the flow rate on say 7 different turbos...
Sponsored

Last edited: