Sponsored

What are the OEM clutch and flywheel specs?

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I can’t believe that I am at a loss to find the stock GT350 clutch and flywheel specs. I mean all I find is “dual mass “ flywheel and ”dual clutch”. Does not really tell me what I want to know, for example, is the flywheel aluminum or steel, and lightweight, and is this dual clutch some special organic material?

Really, I am considering a good replacement for the OEM clutch and flywheel in case I do some spirited driving and maybe forced induction in the future. What are good replacements for the factory clutch with almost factory feel? Thanks. 🙏
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
OEM flywheel is steel and it's a heavy sucker - 33lbs or so. I can't speak to the clutch pack, hopefully someone else can jump in there.

Just an FYI - the stock flywheel is dual mass to absorb vibrations (meaning there's a bit of play in it). Ford design that flywheel specifically to handle the Voodoo. You're introducing some risk to the equation bringing in any lighter since the rotating assembly isn't balanced for it.

OP
OP
autobahnGT350

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Thank you. Are you still using the stock flywheel and clutch for your racing fun?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thank you. Are you still using the stock flywheel and clutch for your racing fun?
I am. I'm slowly moving to non-GT350 parts to see what works and doesn't. This year, it was moving away from the OEM damper and VCT (last year was the engine internals). Next refresh I'll throw an ultra light clutch and flywheel in. The OEM one just kills the rev speeds
Sponsored