wet okole seat covers

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
just installed drivers side in my 2019. what a pain. anyone else install these on 2019's?
Sponsored

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
it took me another 1 hour maybe 1.5 to do pass side. clearance is so tight that you have to really work at it and fish the straps down between the plastic trim and the seat on the outboard sides. then, you have to get the buckles to clear through a small square opening under neath.. then you have to attach the 2 ends then you have to pull them tight. as i said, it's hard to see what's going on and there is so much stuff under there. the straps that secure seat from front to back are fine. the one that goes side to side, is a total pain. my pass side doesn't want to tighten any more and it's sort of loose. not sure why. i will revisit that at a later date but for now they are in and they look good.

oh, and the flap on the back of the seat that uses elastic loops to secure under seat, well you can't remove the loops unless you unplug 2 things- 1 which is easy, but the other is on a stock that moves around when you try and you need two hands and i couldn't find a way to get another hand back there. so i cut the loops. the whole flap then flips up and under the back of the seat cover. the velcro on the bottom of the seat cover really has no where to go though as the inside of that flap is a smooth surface. if flap is down, then you can't get the seat cover through the gap between back and seat.....

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
so as a follow up.

i feel like a moron.

the reason i was having such difficulty was that i wasn't raising the seat up. In my defense, this is my first car in my life, and I am 48, to have power seats. I of course moved the seat back and forth to gain access but totally forgot about and didn't think about being able to raise it up. Raising it up takes this job from a 7 out of 10 to a 3 our of 10. That extra space makes it very easy to see everything from the front so you can strap everything down right without snagging on the sensors etc....

:-)

lesson learned.

Sponsored

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How do you like the seat covers after using them for a while? Thinking about maybe getting a set for my ride.

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
i love them!! i like contrasts when it comes to colors and all black seems too plain to be so i went with black around the outside and light grey inside with half-piping. gives it that racecar look and that custom look imho.

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
Like another 20$ or so I think. If u want a logo besides the wet okole logo it's more money. Took about 3-4weeks to get them.

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
4th of July sale at Wet Okole, 15% off until July 9.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
do they smell at all? I looked at wet okole several years back for a truck I had. at the time I had a jet ski and when launching/trailering I would naturally get wet and sometimes forgot a towel to dry off. always thought they would be a good alternative. but had read reviews that when it gets hot, they get a real bad wet suit smell.

looks really good though and a cool way to spruce up the seats. that color combo is really nice

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Those look great. I would love to have some but not willing to give up my cooled seats, even as poor as they are they do make a difference.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
FWIW, Had Wet Okole's on my last 4Runner. Fit was excellent, excellent Quality and no issues. Sold with truck when Upgraded

qbnlynx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
They look great. Had them on my st1 foST and was a total pita to install. Might make your back a little sweaty at first. Keep them clean so you dont have to wash them and do the install over again. Great investment if your looking to keep your interior super clean. Enjoy!
Sponsored