OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So is that detailed enough? I have many other examples and stories. Data is key and in some tuner cases it’s essential to have this data to be able to back up your claims in order to get that tuner to look at an issue you might be seeing or feeling. Not wengerd. He’s great but other big name tuners will write off your concerns unless you have some valid data to back it up. Even then they might blame it on the mechanicals. But having a log of a problem is only going to help.
On my hellcat I was able to catch a fueling problem on log and the dealer even accepted that log as troubleshoot assistance and was able to identify a problem I had and warranty it. Something they wouldn’t have found because my issue was at wot well over the speed limit.
Sponsored

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
They write off your feedback because you don't know anything. They are the ones with the multimillion dollar company, and you are some guy that has access to data logs and then spouts off like you know anything.

I'm not a pilot so I don't tell someone else how to fly a plane, nor do I act like I know what pilot is better than another because I don't have any quantifiable data to prove otherwise.

Lots of variables in your statement, not related to tune. It's just humorous is all, and so annoying on this forum.

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
They write off your feedback because you don't know anything. They are the ones with the multimillion dollar company, and you are some guy that has access to data logs and then spouts off like you know anything.

I'm not a pilot so I don't tell someone else how to fly a plane, nor do I act like I know what pilot is better than another because I don't have any quantifiable data to prove otherwise.

Lots of variables in your statement, not related to tune. It's just humorous is all, and so annoying on this forum.
You couldn’t be more wrong. You have some sort of axe to grind here not sure why. You clearly can’t be reasoned with in any way. Typical of people these days. Cry loudly with no facts and no support just to get what you want then you cry louder for being placated to. Cry baby cry. You’re going on my blocked list so I won’t have to see anymore of your drivel.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Couple of real tool bags on here lately. Kind of odd, as most people are here to help, and share information.

Sponsored

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You couldn’t be more wrong. You have some sort of axe to grind here not sure why. You clearly can’t be reasoned with in any way. Typical of people these days. Cry loudly with no facts and no support just to get what you want then you cry louder for being placated to. Cry baby cry. You’re going on my blocked list so I won’t have to see anymore of your drivel.

Troll for sure.

But block him? Come on bruh, that's some playground, pick up my toys and go home shit.

Be a man and combat his retarded posts with facts-- which you've done a great job of thus far.

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Troll for sure.

But block him? Come on bruh, that's some playground, pick up my toys and go home shit.

Be a man and combat his retarded posts with facts-- which you've done a great job of thus far.
I've moved on. I said my piece and replied in detail. no need to waste another minute on that guy.

As for tuning, I have wengerd signed up to do my whipple tuning. My car is at the shop right now getting the blower on. They are going to flash his base tune for 93 when they are done. Then Im going to work with DW on my own to get it dialed in. I cant wait. I do love going through the tuning process and seeing the difference on the logs as the car gets dialed in. Its quite fascinating to see all the PIDs/metrics on the logs of how the car manages itself in real-time. I could watch fuel trims all day.

Airborne5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

You are incorrect on so many levels. Just because you do not know how to interpret the data does not mean others cannot. many tuners are not multi million dollar companies but are in fact a few guys in a garage who love putting in work.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
Well man, not to feed your troll post too much but being able to log and identify issues you might be having while actually being in the car and hearing all the noises and feeling what the trans is doing is a massive help to your tuner in diagnosing issues that come up randomly.
A great example is when I was at the track. I was playing with launch RPM. At 1700-1800 the car was happy. Logs showed no knock and all clean shifts. Then at 2000rpm launch, I ran a bit better but nothing to write home about. Buuuuuit according to the logs the car pulled 11 degrees of timing at the hit telling me it was either very unhappy or I had some bad false knock.
After seeing that in the logs, in the pits we found my passenger side header was tapping on the AC line and most likely from the engine torquing itself over to the side allowing those two points to touch and vibrate. Setting off the knock sensors. This was further confirmed by tq source changing the table it was using to evaluate the amount of timing to add when the car is happy and not seeing knock. Had I not been running a log and able to see and understand what I was looking at, who knows if I would have ever found that false knock? The car was tuned at that point and running great. No need to log anything. Like most people. Set it and forget it.

Another example is using the flex tunes and transitions from E to 93 and back. It’s not magic how that happens and I know exactly why. Do you? Here’s a real time log I personally took of my car watching it learn from e10 up to e77. These types of logs will show you what the car sees in terms of E content, AFR and fuel trims all telling you if you are good to run it or if the car needs more time or more E to get to the desired ethanol level.
Now thats some pretty great detail!

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Troll for sure.

Nah, he did the right thing. You know the saying:
“Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.”
Sponsored