Sponsored

Well, I’ve had my 5.0 vert for a year now and......

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
I have had my 5.0 GT conv for 18 months. It is my retirement gift to myself also. My brother drove it several months ago and bought a 5.0 GT coupe. After I test drove his car I really could not see much difference in performance, and the 10 spd vs 6 spd comparison. I like his 2018 but I love my 2017 conv. Ford started charging extra for the premium 12 speaker radio. What a shame. The sub in the trunk really makes my radio sound great compared to his 9 speaker. We both have the same interior trim so he has the programmable dash.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I switched from a 2016 coupe to a Vert and I absolutely love it as well. Was hooked from the first drive. There is nothing better than taking it out just before sunset when the temps are in the 70's. Weather's getting a bit cold here now, but hoping for some more top down driving as the fall leaves change color....
It's just a different /unique driving experience from anything else. The power and performance are great, I have a few more structural and engine mods that will only enhance the fun. One thing I would recommend is getting a wind restrictor (love the drive) as it has increased the comfort level, especially on the highway. Last week we drove home from a family gathering approx an hour away. The temps had dipped into the 50's. We kept the top down, had the wind restrictor installed, windows up and the heat cranked to 80 (it's free heat by the way courtesy of the engine so don't skimp...). We were totally comfortable all the way home and enjoyed a great view of the moon and stars...We even had smooth jazz playing via spotify and it felt like we were in our living room just hanging out listening to the music....

11.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: